Home General Discussion

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Game Video Review by ZeitgeistReview

Hey everyone, I just finished my review for X-Men Origins: Wolverine for the Xbox 360. This review is significantly better than my last reviews. I have a intro theme song/video, my own cut scenes, and all footage captured at 720p.

Let me know what you think! If you like what you see, subscribe to my YouTube Channel, leave comments and give me star ratings :-)

Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistReview

Review:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoknnBZc9x8"][/ame][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY0dmRyE0ck&feature=channel_page[/ame]

(For whatever reason, it is showing the wrong video here, though the url is correct. Just click the channel link and it will take you to the video)

Replies

• TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Nice work, I hope you keep it up, i skipped 30 seconds in or so, maybe you can make that at the most 10 with a faster intro. The game is much cooler than the movie, I thought I would see a badass Logan in the movies but atleast the game seems to have nailed that.

The review is still to long, however it was with a lot of depth and I feel that i have a very clear understanding about how it plays. which is good :)

You were talking about the xp system mentioning how to get more xp points and that concept is pretty well known so it felt a little slow. I would want you to talk about if putting skill points in different areas makes a big gameplay difference and maybe its worth playing through more than once to try different stuff like in Devil may Cry for example. Gamers care about how many potential hours they will be able to spend.

I think most X-men fans care more about it following the comic and not the movie so that could be mentioned. I have seen the movie but I havent read the comics unfortunately but it would be fun to know next time I get into a bar fight about how stuff went down.

Work on timing, try to say more with less words.

Some more notes:
    the claws u had in the beginning was a cool thing but they were in picture for to long, it would leave a better impression if it had less screen time, the better the effects the longer they can be on film. nice touch though :)
    You cant satisfy everyone, altough i thought it was a good review, it was to long for my taste. If your objective is to get as many people intrested maybe make some polls and check what kind of reviews people like watching, ask questions why they like those etc. then check how they build up their reviews and start out doing something similar in format, but you also have to stand out in the crowd of reviews in some way so dont forget about that either.
    (Most reviewers tend to introduce them self by saying their name at the beginning.) I dunno, is your name zeitgeist?
    Just checking gametrailers found a preview(prototype), 5 sec into the clip you see gameplay, 10 he introduces you to the story...

Good work and good luck in the future also! :P
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I fixed the url link for ya. :)
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I just thought I'd chime in and say your Wolverine claws in the review video were on par with the ones in the movie.
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    Not bad but I feel like 8 minutes is way to long. The two main review sources I watch are IGN and zero punc. Both of which are generally under 5 minutes. Keep it up man and good to see a better game being reviewed!
  • ZeitgeistReview
    Thanks for watching everyone. I'm not a graphic designer or anything, so it's pretty tough for me to come up with some good effects. I found this site because my brother "Pope" posts here a lot.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    adamBrome wrote: »
    I just thought I'd chime in and say your Wolverine claws in the review video were on par with the ones in the movie.

word

well the claws were nice in the review, im just saying you know your limits, so use that for your advantage. Please post your next review when you make one :P
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    i'm renting wolverine, its fun minus the over use of block volumes. Not being able to jump off stair wells and platforms is really lame. These designers need have lessons in blocking volume usage.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like somebody is a fan of Andrew Kramer.
  • ZeitgeistReview
    Slum wrote: »
    Looks like somebody is a fan of Andrew Kramer.

Haha slum, it's true. I don't have any after effects training, so Andrew Kramer was an excellent tutorial source.