Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

MoonKnight

Just getting ready to detail this guy and thought I'd see what your opinions were.

Looking for general thoughts on form/shape (where should I push?) as well
as anything that looks 'off' to you, or suggestions that would make it better.

In most of the resources I've found, he's basically got a grey outfit (I guess moon-like?)
so any ideas to enhance will be appreciated (that brass-ish is just sculpting shader,
and eyes are photoshop thusfar).

I'll also be adding the little throwing 'moons' to his costume as well as making
his cape/hood look less lumpy.

MoonKnight_early-work.jpg

MoonKnight_concept-resource.jpg

Replies

• Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    When did Moon Knight go from blue/white with dark shadows... to brown?

Torso looks a little long, and the abs strike me as unusual, but otherwise pretty decent.
  • wisebrownmonkey
    I agree with the torso comment "Valandar" made. I feel that the cape should be wider at the bottom. But maybe I have read to many spawn comics :)
  • Mazvix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The muscle tones right now are very soft, sharpen them up more.
    Not sure if you want him as big as the comic or not, but if you do, he is not as buff.

He is not naked in the comics, not sure why ur not adding the sculpting as if he is wearing cloth. Clothing folds, with muscles underlaying not just completely naked.

Also exaggerate the proportions to make him look like a hero class.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    In most of the resources I've found, he's basically got a grey outfit (I guess moon-like?)

It's supposed to be a silvery/white. His whole thing is he wants the crims to see him coming.

"I don't wear the white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is."

He's a big dude. His muscles need to look harder/ more tone if not even a little beefier.

As already pointed out, for heroic proportions, cape needs to get wider at the bottom. Another thing about the cape, it doesn't collect under his chin quite the way you're showing it:

mooncape.jpg

Now, if you're going for artistic liscense than never mind about the cape.

Here's what you got to know about Moon Knight: He is fucking INSANE. He's not as much about saving folks as he is about fucking up and/or killing every dude he can that deserves it.

mk_00.jpg
    Moon_Knight_03_002.jpg
    Moon_Knight_005_017_018.jpg
  • wailingmonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the feedback, guys....and yeah, as mentioned, that brownish was
    just what I was using to see the sculpt...not intended for final look.

I've bumped up his physique a bit, but maybe not 'edgy' enough yet. Prolly need
    to fix his to abs/sternum area.

From my quick wiki search, his stats are 6'2" and 225, but maybe this is very old
    initial character stuff (the newer comics make him out to be bulkier than 225).

Thanks for the crits (and that last ref, 8FtSpider...for some reason I'd seen his
    chin area of the hood as going over his neck and not pinned back to it).

Here's the latest, but still much to do it seems. :)

MoonKnight_early-work2.jpg
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    His lats (lattismus dorsi) seem huge from the front.
    Checking on the pictures posted above,i wish youd push the sculpting more and not have him look like a generic person with that camo.

Looking nice :D