Home Technical Talk

Maya - undo twice

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
solar polycounter lvl 18
In maya I have to hit undo at least twice to undo. I've probably got a special setting enabled somewhere, anyone know what it might be?

Replies

• greuh
    Offline / Send Message
    greuh polycounter lvl 17
    it happened to me some while back too
    after rather intense tests (lol), it seems to be happening when you have the reference editor window open at the same time.

don't ask me why, but as soon as I closed that window, my issue was solved.

*sigh*
  • Illusions
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    solar wrote: »
    In maya I have to hit undo at least twice to undo. I've probably got a special setting enabled somewhere, anyone know what it might be?

I've had this happen on several occasions for different reasons. In NEX sometimes I'll have to hit undo twice when selecting objects or undo-ing edges I've made by accident, once for NEX and once for Maya. It'll also happen in hypershade sometimes when I connect a file texture. I'll have to hit undo for every node it links from the 2DPlacement node to the file texture itself... :poly127:

Also, like greuh mentioned, sometimes with the attribute editor open. I guess this is it undoing both the change Maya made in your scene to reflect any new values you typed in, and your actual typing in and changing the value in the form.
  • solar
    Offline / Send Message
    solar polycounter lvl 18
    cheers! Seems like it was the reference editor. Bloody references....