PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
http://kotaku.com/5246177/is-this-new-beyond-good--evil-2-footage

Watch and be amazed. I expect its a target render, but if not then wholy jeebus

Replies

• Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    yah, way too awesome to be anything but a target render... but damn is it awesome
  • HellMark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HellMark polycounter lvl 18
    HOT! Loved the first one.
  • dpixeel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpixeel polycounter lvl 14
    Nice! Looking kinda Mirror's Edge but not in first person.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like a 'target render' to me too. But, if you look closely you can see some very interesting things like low res flickering shadowmaps, and behind the motion blur there are some polygon silhouettes that make it look realtime.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh hell yes, this game's been far too long coming.

I dunno about it being a target render, it looks very much like in-game assets and effects (that and the teaser trailer was all in-game, too, if I recall).
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    That's not Beyond Good and Evil, that's Assassin's creed with a female protagonist.

*pouts*

EDIT: Watching it through a few times, I'm not convinced this is from Beyond Good and Evil. You can see the characters face at a couple of points and while it's not that clear, it doesn't really look like Jade. There's nothing in the world to suggest its a BG&E game and a lot that suggests it isn't. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

It looks like a good game, but it's absolutely not what the sequel should look like.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    I suspect that it is done in game, but with a marketing camera. The camera is way too good to be real. And if it is real then good god, I'm in love.
  • HellMark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HellMark polycounter lvl 18
    I think the staff she has is a pretty good indicator it's Jade.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    It is Jade, or meant to look like her-- this is from the older teaser
    bge23_01.jpg

I kind of feel the same way though. Where is the camera? Seems like it should be strapped on and visible somewhere-- I hope this vid is from early development...
  • InProgress
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    InProgress polycounter lvl 14
    I sorta doubt it's from BG&E as I only saw humans. No human-animal hybrids. Anyway, it looks fun to play.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    if that camera is real, i foresee intense headaches and gallons of vomit
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    InProgress wrote: »
    I sorta doubt it's from BG&E as I only saw humans. No human-animal hybrids. Anyway, it looks fun to play.
    If im not mistaken all the citizens from the first game were normal humans? The whole story about the game was that the humans were being controlled by aliens disguised as humans? In fact, the only human/animal hybrid was that pig if I remember :P
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Nah, the game doesn't have an entry on WikiFur for nothing ;)

That trailer is intense. God bless a woman in white tank.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Awesome video, regardless of anything. Totally reminds of this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjC11RKtPco[/ame]
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Behold, the intelligence of the general public:
    it would be nice if this was actual gameplay footage because i loved the first game. i have a sneeky suspicion this is just pre-rendered shit.
    This would be some pretty shitty pre-rendering

Yeah, I can't really tell. It does look like it might be using the Assassin's Creed engine
    looks like it.
    Isn't this that sh*t with the pig? I keep hearing so much about this series. Is it really that good?

It is pre-rendered. It's a game proposal video, probably old by now.

Especially this last guy's pretty fucking sure. You'd think he worked on it or something!

edit: also, I don't think it has to be a render, it could be in-engine. Whether it's gameplay or not is something else entirely. I don't believe you could play this, with the 'cinematic' camera lagging behind so, making it impossible to respond to any situation before it's passed.
    The soft shadows are pretty damned nice, though. And do I see some colour bouncing in parts? It all moves too quickly to tell, and the compression doesn't exactly help.
  • TheSplash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IMO It looks very in-game rendering. The texture shadows, the lod on the environment, lighting quality, ssao, motion blur artifacting.. I think because the video is so low res and compressed it makes it hides a lot of these things.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    it looks like an animation rendered in realtime, in-game.

If this is the new BGE2, they surely would have killed the original one. The porka-pig won't fit in that world of realistic proportions full of humans. Where are the furries? no furry ladys? no cartoonish style? no camera photos?

It would be nice to see the video in HD, at that resolution the "alpha soldiers" looks like the soldiers from half life 2, white head, black dress...

not sure if this is BGE
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    For all anyone knows, this could be a human-only district, or animal folk have been excommunicated or something. Even if it's target rendering at this point, much of that doesn't look impossible; the camera, of course, lends to this not being feasible gameplay, but even if it's a cutscene, wouldn't it be bad form if you couldn't actually climb and jump around in the game yourself? I wouldn't worry too much.
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Blaizer - here's your Porky pig! You'll probably still think it's a stylistic mismatch though.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/BGE2-scr1.jpg

Comparing the Jade in the teaser trailer and this new one, I am completely convinced it's BGE2. Probably an internal gameplay mockup, which is why they wouldn't have bothered with throwing in a full cast of civilians.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    it's BG&E without question you silly gooses, but there is obviously no way in hell the in game camera would move like that (it could have qualities like that), but it's way too smooth and predicts everything that it's most likely a touched up in game render.

certainly reminiscent of Assassins creed... I won't complain though as long as it's good (as opposed to assassin's creed.. which was bland)

i'm lookin forward to it
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    yeah....it's totally jade......how can you think it's not?
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey, what is a "target render"?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    remember the initial Killzone 2 video?

yeah, that.

it's what they're aiming to achieve visually in the final product basically
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Looks like it may be in-engine, but the gameplay will not be that frenetic; we just can't seem to make games that cinematic. How do we keep the player in complete control and yet have it looked that choreographed? Its not really possible. So I say the animation and camera work is just for promotional purposes, but maybe the actual game does look that good. We'll know by E3 time, I guess.