Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I've heard rumors that water is the main ingredient in coke
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    I've heard rumors that water is the main ingredient in coke

hahaha

really tho, this is upsetting.. but it also doesn't surprise me. at this point.. it's just like.. what? they're doing more evil shit now? meh.

they've won. let them just kill us. i dont care anymore.
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thats the spirit!

jesse, dont you know that the sparkly stuff in coke kills all the germs and filters the water?
  • gaganjain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I heard that human body contains 70% Water....haha
    On other side there should find other way to dispose those drugs and waste products...
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    like....give them to me.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Well duh, have you never played Fallout 3?
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    *whispers* don't drink the water
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    114361.jpg
    I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Anyone else noticing how many more of these stories we are getting to hear about now that Bush is out of white house? It feels like people ought to have spoken up earlier though I know thats not how people do things here.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe we'll get some new charity adverts on tv here.

"For just 50p a day you can give an american the clean drinking water needed to fend off mutation.

Save a life".

Though I wouldn't be too surprised if the UK isn't far off heh.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    so much bullshit going on it's almost funny
    To date, drugmakers have dismissed the suggestion that their manufacturing contributes significantly to what's being found in water. Federal drug and water regulators agree.
    But some researchers say the lack of required testing amounts to a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy about whether drugmakers are contributing to water pollution.

Ha, money.
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahahaha mongrelman.

pfft, you brits are always the first to collapse. its like that in all the movies.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    woot mutants?, but surely not like the one of this film: The hills have eyes 2 (i wonder if Rage used the same idea from here)

hhe14635bajacq8.jpg

oh noo! another small mutant!
    04.jpg

In the film, "I am Legend" there are more "mooootants". It's fine to drink instant mutant™ water if we don't need to kill you haha. I'm sure that there must be a ton of idiots thinking, "ohh, i can become an X-men, wait me cyclops!" LOL

Err, forget the joke... and the ewok.
  • fast1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow interesting, thanks for the shareclear.gif
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    That's why I like living in the mountains. You're drinking what I'm excreting. Mwuhahahah!
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    I was just talking about this with a friend today; it's just sad it takes years for the AP to do an investigation for anyone to give a shit. Also, once everyone gives a shit, nothing will actually be done about it because it will mean less money for huge pharmaceuticals.

Unfortunately for this to actually be cut down, it would mean 12 year olds would have to stop being diagnosed with bipolar disorders and whatever other medications are being rammed down everyone's throats.

I understand there are a lot of legitimate drugs that people need, etc., but take, for example, Accutane. This is an acne medication that has been prescribed to at least two people I know, and one of them took it. Some of the side effects are suicidal thoughts and tendencies, as well as birth defects.

"Accutane can cause severe, life-threatening birth defects if the mother takes the medication during pregnancy. Even one dose of Accutane can cause major birth defects of the baby's ears, eyes, face, skull, heart, and brain. Never use Accutane if you are pregnant.
    For Women: Unless you have had your uterus and ovaries removed (total hysterectomy) or have been in menopause for at least 12 months in a row, you are considered to be of child-bearing potential.
    Even women who have had their tubes tied are required to use birth control while taking Accutane."

These are the types of drugs dumped into waterways all the time, and it's not just affecting people :(
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    This is how the zombie's rise up.
    Anti-depressants and other stimulants get leaked into a river...then one night a major thunderstorm sweeps through a small town the water rises and that contaminated river floods a nearby cemetery...instant ZOMBIE WAR.
    B
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Anyone else noticing how many more of these stories we are getting to hear about now that Bush is out of white house?

I read articles about this stuff happening several years ago, it's nothing new. Bush wasn't blocking anything, if that's what you meant.
    The amount of pharms in the water are ultra small and harmless. The filtration we use these days is more than enough to clean out any possible toxic levels.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    what a good job we don't have to drink water straight from the river any more

fercrissakes, loads of what you drink has been through several human beings already
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, unfortunately if you eat anything from the ocean or sea, like tuna or anything, that isn't going to be passed through some filtration process. This is just the same as how tuna is becoming tainted with mercury.

Also, I think it's sad that apparently for something like this to matter it has to directly affect your health:

"Researchers have found that even extremely diluted concentrations of drugs harm fish, frogs and other aquatic species. Also, researchers report that human cells fail to grow normally in the laboratory when exposed to trace concentrations of certain drugs. Some scientists say they are increasingly concerned that the consumption of combinations of many drugs, even in small amounts, could harm humans over decades."

Is it just impossible for people to consider long-term effects? Just because the FDA gives the "A-OK" to everything put in front of it doesn't mean it's actually beneficial to you.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Most Marine tank enthusiasts install an RO/DI filter at home so they can make their own water (tap water is lethal to marine fish, even after you de-chlorinate it). Alot of them stop drinking unfiltered water after they see all the disgrossting crap it filters out of their tap water.
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyle, isnt accutane that horrible shit that you have to sign a paper stating you will not even think about ejaculating sperm for at least 12 months after you stop taking it?

i was reading the side effects of that medication, it was at least 2 pages long. and one of them was, i kid you not, "sudden death".
  • vik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vik polycounter lvl 13
    I say dont worry too much about it. The world`s gonna run out of fresh water soon so companies can`t pollute it anymore. It will be every man(mutant) for themselves (like in that Rutger Hauer movie)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vassago wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing how many more of these stories we are getting to hear about now that Bush is out of white house? It feels like people ought to have spoken up earlier though I know thats not how people do things here.
    I read articles about this stuff happening several years ago, it's nothing new. Bush wasn't blocking anything, if that's what you meant.
    The amount of pharms in the water are ultra small and harmless. The filtration we use these days is more than enough to clean out any possible toxic levels.
    Its not that anyone is keeping it under wraps, but no one cares until Earth Day rolls around then everyone turns into a hippie for a few days.

Locally this has been big news for a while, its been showing up the local news and papers, about it being found in fish, wildlife and even in the drinking water for at least 10 years. There's a big effort to clean up our water ways of industrial and house hold pharms and chems, even during the republican years. Places where water doesn't really mean a way of life might not care to carry stories about this until Earth Day rolls around...

It's just not center stage news next to 2 wars, a half dozen natural disasters and a few elections. But damn it Earth Day is coming and we gotta talk about pollution even if its being taken care of...

Meh, Earth Day is like mothers day. Everyone takes dear old mom out for brunch and thinks it makes up for 364 days of neglect.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    00Zero wrote: »
    hobodactyle, isnt accutane that horrible shit that you have to sign a paper stating you will not even think about ejaculating sperm for at least 12 months after you stop taking it?

i was reading the side effects of that medication, it was at least 2 pages long. and one of them was, i kid you not, "sudden death".

Yeah, pretty f'd up right? :P

@ Vig: Too true :(
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    luckily i get my water from a mountain near here, the only problem is calk and cow dump too sometimes (many farming around the place where the water comes from)
  • Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    dfacto wrote: »
    114361.jpg
    I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Haha! That exact same image popped into my head when I started reading this thread. Classic.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    I was suggesting that people feel more confident about airing this stuff again, that this stuff is getting more air time. I know these stories were always there.

It's been clear in the chat shows too, I mean for instance the Bill Maher show has seriously changed tone recently and the type of people coming on the show has changed as has how much they have to say. I'm not saying its the center of the world, I'm just trying to use a show I've watched for a few years as an example of the kind of changes I see happening.

Point being, I get the impression that people feel they can express dissent more safely than they did a couple of years ago ... thats all!
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    I wonder what it does to those who are already mutants...
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think that's true. There defiantly is an air that we're coming out of a pretty dark time and I think people feel less intimidated. It's nice to see hints that democracy is returning to all sectors.

Hell even Fox news has started to criticize the White House, something I haven't seen them do over the last 8 years when there was plenty of things to criticize. Oh wait...
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    super mutants??
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    00Zero wrote: »
    thats why i only stick to coke . ;)

you're more the boomer type of mutant right? ^^