Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Webby folio update

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Delaney King polycounter lvl 18
I haven't been around much on forums lately, I'm afraid.
However I did recently redo my webby and there are some updated gallery images to look at if you like. Hope everyone can see the links / scripts etc... I hate web dev.

www.daveking.com.au

Lots of sculpt images and concept art added to the gallery

57_daveking_batman.jpg

12_daveking_furymale_1.jpg

:poly124:

Replies

• carlo_c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You've got some really awesome stuff in your gallery, I like your batman head bust especially and your concept art gallery :) The website worked fine, all the images I clicked on loaded without a problem.

Inspiring folio and resume by the way , definately bookmarked!
  • Art-Machine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My advice is start working on full characters. You have an overwhelming majority of busts and just a couple of them have bodies. Heads alone don't make a character artist! (assuming character's what you're shooting for).

Edit : Nevermind i see you have full characters in your Games gallery (Though a lot of headless ones!). :poly136:
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Art-Machine. No no, your first impression is what I was after.

Re: headless gals. Yep, the client already had a head for that lass when I arrived, so It wasn't right to show it on my site. Its not a blatant cleavage shot or something weird that all my females are decapitated ;)

Great point though- will have to take some time to polish up some full characters that I own the IP for.

I've done a looooooooot of full characters, but most get caught up in one of three things - long sign off, lost in dead or dev hell projects, and altered so I dont feel comfortable showing it as my work.

Hopefully after the dust settles on my wedding (may 23) I will hit the computer again.
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    good luck on your wed day dave, loved the fury characters for the cinematics - pity it went under though.
  • OBlastradiusO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    Hey dave how did you go about creating those uniform textures on the DandD game you worked on? Any zbrush work?
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    wow awesome portfolio, it was an absolute pleasure looking through everything.

I had worked with the big world fantasy demo to build a prototype, kinda cool to put an artist to the chars, art that they include! =P
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks all.

All the D&D stuff is totally old school- its just me and photoshop in a chilly back room in London. No zbrush at all. Heck, I didnt even have a 3d paint app after ghost painter failed to be recompiled for later versions of 3dsmax midway through the project. Grrr.
    I did everything by split- screening 3dsmax and photoshop and using a macro to copy, downsize, sharpen, save and close to pass the texture from one to the other. Must have been crazy.

Ahh, you know, I miss old school texturing.
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Ericdigital] Heh, Bigworld. Ahhh - memories :) Oh, that was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    what ever happned to mirco forte's bigworld work? i remebr the good old aie days when they showed it off.....
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just went to version 2.0 by the looks of things. Been yonks since I seen the MF team.

http://www.bigworldgames.com/index/index.php
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Great work Dave, as always. I really love that batman head. Ron Perlman, right?

Question. What happened to that short cinematic clip of your squid-face guy? I remember that being really impressive when I saw it back then.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    great work as always, anymore training vids coming from you? Maybe texturing that beast?

Anyhow, your tutorials sections been empty forever man. :D Can you somehow link to your tutorials on the AREA? or something to have some content there too?
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What? You want to actually find something on The Area? ;)

Aw, shucks, its nice to hear you liked them vids and tutes, n' stuff.

I have had stacks of new creature workshop stuff captured for some time now, but have been busy doing some creature designs for a film- waaaay more fun than editing hours of me gabbing on!

In the meantime, Im uploading those squid vids to youtube, shouldnt take more than an hour or so.
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, I found the movies and am uploading them now.

Ohhh maaaan - can you imagine Ron Pearlman doing the death of Batman? You would have to pit him against Tom Waits for a total gravel voice experience.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    actually I really prefer this update to your old site( I was a bit rude last time, sorry), The sculpt stuff is really nice and overall the site looks the part
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, no problem. Its really good that people take the time to give feedback, good or bad.

Okay everyone, the first part is now up youtube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-9g-HUByvk[/ame]
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added a couple more images - Carol from where the wild things are (just the publicity shot thats already released) - I did his texturing and shaders for his eyes and face- these are blended under the puppet.

71_carol.jpg

Also quick body I whipped up for Strogganoff.

72_daveking_stroganoff.jpg