Home Technical Talk

3DS MAX sk9 .MDL?

hey, ive been working on a little scene for a project, and its basically a portal map, for those of you who havent played portal, please do it... anyways, my instructor had me make all the props and stuff myself, and now he said that it would be cool if i could import some of the game files into my scene, so that i could know how its done for future use (he is teaching me all that i will need to become a sucessfull 3d artist) and he said he didnt know what format, or how i should go about importing these files, he just said there is probably a plugin.

the files are in ".MDL" format and here is my model source: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/List_of_useful_Portal_models

and i just need to be able to open them in 3ds max 2k9, i belive that it is compatible with max 9+ plugins, but i could be wrong, oh and its x32/x86 bit not x64 bit..

if anybody could help, that would be great, thanks. =P

EDIT: i realized that in my source referance, that the files are not downloadable, they are telling me where to find them, now i have portal on my computer,m its through steam, but im not sure how to get to the models folder...

Replies