Home General Discussion

The Lost And Damned GTAIV DLC

ae.
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
ae. polycounter lvl 12
What does everyone think of the new GTAIV DLC coming to Xbox360?

http://www.rockstargames.com/thelostanddamned/

I personally cant wait to play it! Been watching alot of sons of anarchy lately so this was pretty awesome to hear about.

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Funny they went after motorcycles since most people find them hard to drive :P Anyway, high production in the way its presented, typical Rockstar. Re: Purchase from me.
  • Ozymandias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozymandias polycounter lvl 18
    Looks pretty cool at the moment. I love the Sepultura soundtrack. "Dead Embryonic Cells" is one of my favorites. Thought I saw a few new weapons, so I'm interested to see what they added.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Holy shit, that looks fucking awesome. I probably would have bought GTAIV on day one if they had gone this route.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is how DLC should be done, looks like the production values are pretty phenomenal.

I'll be getting this one :P
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    Talon wrote: »
    This is how DLC should be done, looks like the production values are pretty phenomenal.

totally agree! instead of them adding several new guns and cars and saying hey here oyu go give use half of what you paid for the game orignally how we give you a new story and main character also very happy with what they did!
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    This totally looks sweet! I'm a little disappointed about the motorbike centric storyline. I avoided motorbikes in GTAIV as much as I could. I'll be grabbing this for sure, I have the free Microsoft Points that came with the Collector's Edition of the game.

-caseyjones
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Alhtough according to a workmate you dont use the ms points. You buy it in the store and then download it with the "redeem a code" system.

Rockstar is giving MS a big ol honkin middle finger in other words. I find it odd but he´s trustworthy enough so who knows.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I'm willing to bet Rockstar will tune the motorcycle mechanics since a.) its a rather large complaint and b.) this will be a more centric mechanic used for purchasable content.

Or, judging by the ignored reference to PC user complaints being addressed in the newly released PC patch, I could be wrong.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone happen to remember the name of the the Lost Biker that you have to kill in GTA4? It'd be neat if the stories ran concurrently.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    this actually looks really sweet, I didn't think I was going to get it because I didn't finish GTA4 (maybe 20% into it?) but since it's a self contained story that I'm interested in, I can see going through it. In fact, I'd prefer 'episodes' like this to a long storyline, that way the chunks are more edible (like 4-6 hour ones)
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    I really liked GTA 4. I'm a little sad they aren't continuing the story with the Niko. I really dug the whole Russian, Irish vibe they had going. I wouldn't have minded going back to mother russia for some missions.
    Whenever the bike missions happened I just jumped off the bike grabbed a car and rammed the dude with the car since the cars handled better, were faster top speed and could kill the person if you hit them.

However, fighting rival bike gangs doesn't sound too bad.
    I just hope there is more of a RPG type feel. In other words, I really hope i can buy a sweet pad, then a house, and then a giant mansion and trick it out, stuff like that I feel is missing in GTA.
    B
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Talon wrote: »

No surprise there, since supposedly MS shelled out $50M for it.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    boxart.jpg

coming out tommorow whos getting it?
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone know how much it is?

-caseyjones
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    Lost and Damned will run 1600 Microsoft Points, which comes to $19.99 in real world American money.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Or ONE MILLION DOLLARS Australian currency.
    Thanks, dude.

-caseyjones
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want it. But sadly I sold my xbox copy to get the PC copy. Somehow listening to 10 year old kids yell at you trying to be "gangsta" didn't really set with me.
  • AshleyTayles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AshleyTayles polycounter lvl 9
    It's really good. The story is surprisingly good, I would even say that it's maybe better than the original story. You can see there's a lot of work gone into it. Worth the money.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's really good. The story is surprisingly good, I would even say that it's maybe better than the original story. You can see there's a lot of work gone into it. Worth the money.

Damn it... I wish my xbox was working and I still had a copy of this game.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    How're the bikes driving?
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mikezoo polycounter lvl 14
    Can you just download it over xbox live? Really dont want to buy it at the store
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    mikezoo wrote: »
    Can you just download it over xbox live? Really dont want to buy it at the store

Errrr WHAT?
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    *COUGH COUGH MALE NUDITY* HAHRHADMSD
    Fun game, it would appear.
    Love the grenade launcher.
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know about anybody else, but I love digital distribution for games. Especially for add-on packs such as this.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mikezoo, ebagg wasn't having a go at you for preferring digital distribution for games. Its because you asked if it was available on xbox live because you didn't want to have to pick it up at a store. The thing is... Its only available on xbox live (as far as I'm aware)!

-caseyjones
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh really? Sweet. I could of sworn I saw a box cover for (what I thought) was the retail package. That makes my day, as I might download it tonight:)
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The cover you may have seen in store could have been a promotional Microsoft Points Pack, that gives you exactly 1600 points to buy the game instead of the standard 1500?

-caseyjones
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    My brother downloaded this just a few mintues ago saw him play story is pretty cool, i gotta say i like johnny way more than niko pretty cool cat :P

and they seem to be using some filmgrain like valve used in left 4 dead wich adds a nice touch.

sawed off shotgun is sick and the new street racing looks alot like roadrash, bikes look like they handle really well its a must download for any gta fan.

just want to give props to all those polycounters that worked on this DLC great job!
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Just beat it. My god this was great. Enjoyed it far more than Gta4. :)
    I only have two things to say rockstar people.

1) Hats off to you. This was some premium stuff. Haven´t gotten this much enjoyment of a game in a long long time.

2) Don´t freaking dare not to make a true sequal. I want more of johnny :)

Now im gonna go cry in a corner for awhile.
  • AshleyTayles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AshleyTayles polycounter lvl 9
    adamBrome wrote: »
    How're the bikes driving?

Too good. Unlike in the original game, you don't fall of if you hit a leaf. And it's generally really easy to control. I spend more time on a bike than in a car this time.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    finished the game, just wow great job to all the polycounters that worked on this, the credits were pretty awesome and you get a hint of who the next person is gonna be in the next episode.

great job!
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motorcycles were a big turnoff for me too. but i purchased it and i must say, they are fun. i still really dislike the american choppers, but the crotchrockets are insane. the hakachou (however you spell it) custom is like a rocket on nitro. you can almost jump half the map if you find a nice ramp (almost heh).

anyhoo. still about 15% in. looking solid.

although, nothing can beat niko i think. because of this:

GTA4_Behind_Enemy_lines_trailer_01.jpg