Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mecha Series 36W

Just finished a mech, from design to 3D start to finish - 4 weeks.
Took me way too long with the design part - 1 week.

Need some feedback from polycount people! :poly121:

mechS36W_01.jpg
mechS36W_02.jpg

Replies

• OldKid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool man. The gatling guns look kind of useless. Looks like he would have to bend over to use them when firing straight. Maybe set them higher so they can move up and down more free. Looks like they are restricted to just up and down movement but hit the shoulder pads. Next post give a standard turn around shot for better critique. Good job.
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    WHOA this is cool. At first it looked like his legs were short, then I noticed they were blow off! whats the story on that?
  • Deathelmz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beautiful works.
  • MadnessArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OldKid, konstruct, Deathtelmz, thanks for the compliment.

OldKid, nice feedback.
    Actually I did that on purpose. The guns are sort of like heavy bombartment cannons so It is suppose to shoot up. The barrels make it look more like gatling guns though. haha
    But I guess I should lenghten the rotation axles so that he could aim it down a little bit more.

Not so sure what you meant by the turn around shots. you meant vieo turn around?

konstruct : The story is that this mech is a heavy weapons/artillery type of mech, and was damaged in battle, so right now it is pretty much under repair in a mech repair facility.

I am still working on the actual environment for the facility. But will post up some screenshots at the end of the week after I fleshed out more.

Thanks guys
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
    Textures are top notch man. Wish you would given him working legs though lol I wanna see him posed for battle with working feets!

Great design man
  • Reich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wait till you see the environment for it. It's slick.

But yea Magnus, all i have to say is more detail in the spec, and if he was that badly damaged in battle maybe desaturated his red a bit more. I know you have it warn and battle scared but it still seems a bit to on the saturated side.

And if you really wanna get picky maybe thinking about teh head. As sarge said and you agreed it gets a bit lost and hard to read.

Other then nit picking i like it. Get the environment done!!