Home Technical Talk

Photoshop dragging textures result in crash.

When I drag photos/textures into my existing .psd sometimes it can result in freeze and crash.

anyone here have a cure for this crap?

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    What version of Photoshop? If you don't tell us we can't help.

On CS2 I have never, ever seen this happen, and I drag a lot of stuff every day.
  • kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 19
    On CS3 (and CS4?) I had a really strange issue here at work. If I had set a certain network printer as my Default Printer in Windows then Photoshop would crash whenever I opened a second image in Photoshop. If I would just set any other printer as my Default Printer it would work as usual again. I found this solution on internet forums. So I'm not the only one. Everyone else at work has the same hardware and software, and the same issues.

Also with CS3 and CS4 I cannot drag-drop an image from FireFox into Photshop, however it works with IE.

Not sure if this helps, but it seems to be relevant to the topic.
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    I had a problem with photoshop cs2 opening the help window by itself.... 6 or 7 times like I was holding the F1 key... then all the drop menus and popup windows would stop responding and never appear...

And for the first time ever... I saw it crash.

During the last few weeks, I might have observed a similar behavior of crashing while dragging a file or layer into an existing psd.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it... works fine again... maybe try that.
  • nubnub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am using cs 3 extended version.

The situation is like this :
    I am working on diffuse textures and I wish to add some dirt.
    I go to my texture library open the texture inside photoshop, but when I drag the dirt texture into my working .psd file it results in a freeze and ending up in a crash.

I never had this problem before working with CS2.
    It could be something that has to do with cs3.

I tried reinstalling several times.
    It didn't work.

I will switch back to CS2.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    There's not much reason to go to cs3 unless you make use of smart filters. Just wait 'til you get to cs4 it will crash constantly doing anything with all their opengl driver issues.