Home General Discussion

Hahaha fuck

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
Its the day DW is supposed to start and guess what, I woke up, turned on my PC went to make coffee, came back and my PC was off.... Turn on, nothing. My fucking motherboard blew. To make it worse its Sunday and all the stores are closed here so I can't even run out and buy new junk. $350 down the drain just to get my PC working agian is going to suck. At least I have my old junker to post on 40gb hdd and 1gb ram on a mobile athlon 2800+ lololol. I wonder if photoshop will work on it.....

Whoever it was on GA that was joking about PCs dying the day the war starts, you fucking ass lol. Its a scam I tell you, killing off the competition.

Replies

• Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could just be the power supply unit.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortuneately no. I have already tested with a good spare as well as swithced out ram, reseated everything and all round thorough checks. Its the motherboard and possibly CPU too although thats no great loss, its an old P805d which I was planning on replacing for the war anyways. I'm just glad I have the cash to fix it.

The power supply works fine in my spare aswell. I don't have any spare CPUs and mobos lying around to test with so it has to be one of them, probably the motherbaord seeing as the onboard sound died a week or so ago.\

[edit]
    Specs:

Intel 805d 2.66 dual core
    Asus p5n-e SLI
    Xspice Croon 800w PSU (Nexus Silent 600W spare)
    2GB Corsair XMS 667
    500GB Seagate SATA
    Zalman Coolers
    Asus GF8600GT with Zalman cooler
    Home brew modded case
    SB live! yay hehe (onboard sound died so I ripped it from my spare)

Tested:
    RAM - tested with working spare
    PSU - tested with working spare
    reseated everything
    Powered up with only essentials connected and 1 stick of RAM

Power comes on with spare PSU but no post, main PSU has a failsafe so power comes on for a few secs and goes off. Main PSU works in spare PC.

just a rant thread, I know its cooked.
  • coldkodiak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldkodiak polycounter lvl 17
    same deal happened to me but for the mini comp. Sucks.

Fortunately my comp is 100% way better now since a minor upgrade of mobp, memory and case.

It also doesn't randomly shut off anymore.. while I'm working on stuff... corrupting my files.

yeah. sorry buddy. Hopefully fixing it up will leaves you ahead of your woes.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Damn thats bad luck... Hope lucks turns so you can make a kickass entry!
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys. Some great news. Turns out that we were running on low power this morning, they fixed a transformer in our area and something went wrong with it last night again. Its been fixed and my PC is working again :D

Holy fuck that scared the crap outta me. It was wierd cuz all the lights in the house looked normal, not dimmer like u would expect.

Concept HERE I COME!!! :D
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    lol.... well hopefully thats the mandatory tech problems outta the way for you.

Me, i wont even have a suitable rig for at least another 2 weeks min. So ill be concepting like crazy till then.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    glad everything worked out for you man cant wait to see you in the war!
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome to hear, dude. Lucky it all got sorted before you put in the cash to buy parts you didn't need.

NOW GET TO WORK!