adam polycounter lvl 19
We're not even preggers and I found this to be touching:
1227663902457.jpg

Replies

• Microneezia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia polycounter lvl 10
    i was like, who is that in the background? when i realized that was calvin I almost lost my shit altogether...

Im a huge fan of the comic!
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    that's fucking sweet!

Calvin was my big thing for a long time. . . Still have the 80 lb 3 volume collection. As well as all of my old ratty paperbacks from childhood.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Yup, got a ton of Calvin and Hobbes books that I will pass on to my son soon. And so far he's been enjoying the hell out of my old matchbox cars collection, blocks, books, and stuffed animals. Add to that my video games collection, legos, transformers, my old bicycle, and other stuff I've kept packed away, and he's SET, spoiled even. I had to tell my family not to get him any more toys for his birthday because he has way too much.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    That is awesome.
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    When I first saw that image a while ago it made me so sad, but then really happy afterwords when I thought about it. C&H was a great series. Wish they were still made, however Cyanide and Happiness fills that void now, although in a different way, haha.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Touching is certainly the right word for that picture :)
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    haha thats cool. I got tons of childish shit stored away.. Im just waiting for when he's old enough
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's funny, game people are so used to seeing cubicles adorned in childhood toys that it doesn't faze us anymore. But whenever a non game industry friend comes over to my house for the first time, they always get distracted. . . "Is that. . . Optimus Prime?!" (substitute "Original Lego Pirate Ship" or "Castle Greyskull" in there at will)
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    That's pretty touching actually :)
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    cute.

i wonder if it was with suzzie.
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Awwwwwwwwww!!

That is damn touching. My kids had better like my old toys. Cause that's what they're getting!!
    I figure I'll be the best parent ever:

"Mommm, can I please come up and eat my vegetables already??"
    "Not until you beat that damn level in that game!!"
  • fast1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yes, C&H makes me nostalgic... haha and it makes me feel really old too!clear.gif
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    why is she leading him into the woods, and why does he look so worried?
  • Fliff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    he's hallucinating both ... because he's starving

but, no worries, a new generation is growing up to keep the forest clean and free from over population and (mad) ill things.

049kidwithgunDM_468x325.jpg
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    Don't forget as cute as kids can be they are notorious for breaking shit. So before you give your kids all your priceless childhood possessions test the waters with some of the new crap and see if they break them or treat them like you would/did.
    B
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    My brother saved the metal Tonka trucks that my nephew had when he was younger and passed them on to my son who is two now. Every time anyone comes over they are totally blown away by them since apparently Tonka trucks are mostly plastic now.

My son stands to get several boxes of Spawn and other action figures when he is older, including a 12" Boba Fett, all still in the packages. Since toy collecting turned out to be a poor monetary investment, I can't wait to see him rip the packages open and play with them :)
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    are you kidding me? when I was a kid, we PLAYED with our metal transformers, that included gashing ourselves and requiring tetanus shots, bruises, broken toys etc. What do you got, a collection of unopened toys for display, or do you got real kids toys?

Real kids play with their shit. They don't put them in a display case and say 'isn't this shit cool to look at?'

There's other shit to buy if you like looking at it... like boobie mags. :D
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cute.

i wonder if it was with suzzie.

I'd say so, the little girl looks a lot like her.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow that takes me back... awesome. I have a ton of C&H. I remember being in the book store as a kid and being told, "you can get that one too but you have to get a real book". The only way to get more C&H was to read the "real book".

I'm not sure I'll pass them on, they probably won't mean much to her. I'll sit down and read a few with her and if she likes them I'm sure I can find some newer prints around somewhere. But right now we're still in the cardboard book stage.

My brother took some of our old toys and gave them to my nephews too early and they didn't understand how important they where to him or me and they destroyed a bunch of them. Not cool... Part of passing on toys, is passing on what they mean. Not just "Here squirt chew on this".
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    My son is two. On his fifth birthday, he will inherit my Star Wars toy collection. AT-AT, Millenium Falcon, Tie Fighters, Slave 1, etc., and 150+ action figures. Most are from the original 70's-80's set. It will be a great day. There will be imperial-rebel battles for the ages!

When he's 9, he'll inherit several long boxes of comics. (Have to pull the Heavy Metal magazines, Faust, and a few others).

It's fun seeing kids play with the same stuff that you enjoyed throughout your childhood.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Ryno, I suggest waiting until after his b-day. I gave my son the Tonka trucks in the middle of Summer, and it was like an extra Christmas. He's naturally curious about packages and stuff, so it was lots of fun to see him tear into those old moving boxes.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Actually, that is a good idea. His birthday is at the end of November, and he hits toy overload between then and Christmas. Maybe that following June or so would be better.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Lolz I had a few Calvin and Hobbes as a kid too. Probably still at my parents house on the other side of the world now...

My daughter turned 1 last month, she already has more toys than I ever did hehe, we have turned the spare room into toy storage :) Good to see so many other parents on PC, makes me feel a little less old (the wife and I waited to have kids).
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Ryno, I suggest waiting until after his b-day. I gave my son the Tonka trucks in the middle of Summer, and it was like an extra Christmas. He's naturally curious about packages and stuff, so it was lots of fun to see him tear into those old moving boxes.

Hey that's a good idea.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Xaltar wrote: »
    My daughter turned 1 last month, she already has more toys than I ever did hehe, we have turned the spare room into toy storage :) Good to see so many other parents on PC, makes me feel a little less old (the wife and I waited to have kids).

Oh man, we've got some serious toy trouble at our house. We've got a massive Goodwill thrift store right down the street, where the toys are practically free. My wife keeps getting my son stuff, and using the store basically as a toy library. The problem is that if the little boy actually sees mom returning/re-donating some of his toys, he totally flips out. THAT toy suddenly becomes the BEST toy which he can't live without, even though he hasn't played with it for 3 months.

Now we've got to be sneaky and steal his unused toys at night, and put them in non see-through bags so that we can re-donate them.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Thats awesome. I bet it saves on storage space.

Best thing about having a kid is that I get to buy toys for her "for when she is older" ie. for me heheh. I went nuts buying logo and all sorts of other toys I loved as a kid lol.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno wrote: »
    Actually, that is a good idea. His birthday is at the end of November, and he hits toy overload between then and Christmas. Maybe that following June or so would be better.

Heh, that's right. Loki is only like a week or so older than Draven. You should totally wait until Summer. I am a November B-day kid myself and it kinda sucked having b-day followed by X-mas less than a month later and a solid toy drought the rest of the year.
  • Eventide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's really nice! I love Calvin and Hobbes... and my older daughter frequently plays with Darth Vader, a Storm Trooper, and an Imperial Guard figure of mine... soon the giant bins of legos will come out.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    I cant wait for my son to be 7-8 we're going to build RC cars and planes together ! (something I never got to do.. LOL)