anyone else gonna go pick it up?

i bought a ps3 just for that game and to have a blue-ray :P

what are your thoughts i was a huge killzone 1 fan :thumbup:

Replies

• Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    Going to pick it up. Looks awesome. I have been fairly disappointed with many PS3 exclusives so far. I can't get through MGS4...just so boring. R2...wasn't that great for me. I hope KZ2 will break the mold of crappy PS3 titles. Right now my PS3 is just an over priced Blue-ray player atm.
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    a 10 minute HD review at gemetrailers:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45018.html

a 41 minute interview (dutch with english subtitles) with the guys at amsterdam
    http://www.gamekings.tv/index/videos/minidocu-the-company-behind-killzone-2-full-version-subbed/
    its devided in 3 parts beeing: design, technology, history
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    it's a pickup for me as well. hopefully it's as good as everyone is saying.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Cojax wrote: »
    Going to pick it up. Looks awesome. I have been fairly disappointed with many PS3 exclusives so far. I can't get through MGS4...just so boring. R2...wasn't that great for me. I hope KZ2 will break the mold of crappy PS3 titles. Right now my PS3 is just an over priced Blue-ray player atm.

Totally agree with you, but it's the most REASONABLY priced Blue Ray player. Complete with firmware updates.

They should bundle the PS3 with the Planet Earth Blu Ray.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    got it pre ordered last night. reviews are favorable enough that i'd pick it up without playing the demo..
    but I plan on playing the demo as soon as it's available this thursday.

we gotta compile a list of PSN id's so we can do some multiplayer.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    bounchfx wrote: »
    got it pre ordered last night. reviews are favorable enough that i'd pick it up without playing the demo..
    but I plan on playing the demo as soon as it's available this thursday.

we gotta compile a list of PSN id's so we can do some multiplayer.

ooh cant wait for the demo, PSN Id is the same as all my other ID's Armanguy :thumbup:
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    PSNid / xbl: Cojaxx
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Im gonna get it for sure, im sure some people in the checkout line will wonder why im sweating profusley and am sportin' a huge erection, but to each their own.....right guys? hahah

reviews have been awesome, I cant wait to try that demo thurs, its almost sinful that they put out the reviews like a month before the game comes out though....
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    Just played the demo all i gotta say is EPIC! im afraid to say that the full game might be LEGEN.......wait for it.....DARY!

if you live iin the US or canada and dont have a preorder just make a European PSN account and after you do that go into the store and download it.

i love the death animations!
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I played the demo last night. It's a day one purchase for me:)

FPS cover systems FTW!

Can't wait to give the multiplayer a go. :)
  • Cheez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tried it last night/early this morning. Looks really really nice. Awesome FP weapons. Great death animations. Controls felt sluggish though and I'm not a fan of the PS3 controller for FPS, so that didnt help matters. Seemed more impressive as an artistic tour-de-force then anything else. Still, I'm sure I'll get used to the controls :P
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    The demo is good, and surprisingly quite addictive. Will have to buy a wireless keyboard and mouse for this.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    liked the demo a lot, it does get better when you're more used to the controls.

playing the game with the cross hair and HUD turned off is a lot better and much more immersive, imo. there's plenty of audio cues for stuff you need to know (ammo count and such) can't wait to try the full game and multiplayer.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    dolemite wrote: »
    I played the demo last night. It's a day one purchase for me:)

FPS cover systems FTW!

Can't wait to give the multiplayer a go. :)

Out of interest, the cover system is single-player only, it's not present in MP.

I really like a lot of things about KZ2 that i've seen - the weapons are awesome, the art direction is pretty nice, and it generally seems very polished. However, I don't own a PS3, and this still isn't an incentive for me to buy one. Shame it's an exclusive :(
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    Cheez wrote: »
    Controls felt sluggish though and I'm not a fan of the PS3 controller for FPS, so that didn't help matters.

Hey the first killzone had the same sluggishness in the controls too, you'll get used to it and start enjoying it more, it really makes it stand out from the fast paced shooters like halo 2, and unreal :)

Hey MoP, i bought a ps3 only for this game and to have a blue-ray player if you have some extra money lying around its a good buy. and think about all the upcoming exclusives it will have God Of War 3, uncharted 2, infamous.

:thumbup:
  • Cheez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Due to my distaste for the PS3 controller, for shits and giggles I decided to pick up of these:
    http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/ps2700v2.htm
    Effectively its like a 360 controller...but for the PS3. I haven't tried it yet, so I'm curious as to how well (or not) it will work.
    The slower pace of the demo I didn't mind at all. In fact, I actually liked that quite a bit. I guess it was the button layouts that felt off, maybe ? Since the game really reminded me of CoD4, I really wanted to be able to use the left trigger to zoom in. Clicking the right thumbstick (default) felt slightly odd. But, yeah, I think the more I play, the more I'll get used to it :)
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    here this should go in the awesomness video thread but fits in quite nice here :P

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-271855.aspx

Im picking it up for sure, looks awesome! Im a fps er wonder if i can get any good with a controller.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    wheres this demo?? I looked on psn store and didn't see it :(
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    you can t get it if your trying to get it with your north American account, just make a new user and in the PSN store put down your from the UK and you'll be able to get it.

the reason its like that is because Gamestop has an exclusive, if you preorder the game you get a code in wich you'll be able to download the demo. but as ou can see above you dont need to preorder it :P
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    I tried the demo yesterday, and a watched a bunch of other people from the studio play throough it and everytime it was dope. the audio is great, voice acting aside. and the visuals, my gawd. the subtle env reflections in the metals looks like candy to my eyes.

I like how the controls seem to have momentum and weight behind aimng/movement. At 1st the r3 for sights kinda bugged me but i tried it on L1 and using 2 fingers fro voer and aiming just wasnt comfortable for me. cant wait to try multiplayer!
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    made a UK account, and started the download. I really hope its not in PAL :( otherwise, no demo for me tonight.
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @MOP:

Yeh I know... I'm kind of upset about that...

But still... Should be a bitching game!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Lee3dee wrote: »
    made a UK account, and started the download. I really hope its not in PAL :( otherwise, no demo for me tonight.

all playstation 3 games are multiregion. only movies and ps2 titles are region specific.

chances are the download location for this has something to do with it being a european publisher?
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    played the demo :) I really like the cover system, it really adds to the fps game play. It's definitely got me interested as a rental for this month, only allowing myself 1 game a month with no job, SF4 is this months game.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah I'll be picking this one up. Demo was awesome.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11

You honestly prefer this over the Dual Shock 3? I had no problem with the XBox controller, apart from the battery, but that is one horrible looking controller! DS3 knocks both those pads right out the ring! So comfortable. What don't you like about it?
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    oh that reminds me, i downloaded this a few days ago ... and i'm going to play it, right now
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    there's nice. I especially like the enemy's wookie celebrations when your squad gets wiped out. Oh, and i picked up what seemed to be a BAR - nice touch.
  • Cheez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You honestly prefer this over the Dual Shock 3? I had no problem with the XBox controller, apart from the battery, but that is one horrible looking controller! DS3 knocks both those pads right out the ring! So comfortable. What don't you like about it?

Its (the saitek) nowhere near as nice as the 360 controller, but the neat thing is that you can swap the left analog stick and the d-pad so the layout is close to the 360's controls. My problem with the dual shock is how close the analogs are to the center, how twitchy they are and those horrid triggers.

If I could hookup a 360 controller to the ps3, I would in a heartbeat. Oh well.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11

If I could hookup a 360 controller to the ps3, I would in a heartbeat. Oh well.

Yeah, with the whole wireless thing these days...its not even a case of getting a converter. There is a mouse-pad combo thingy available, called the Frag fx or something, that's available for the PS3? Have you seen it? Apparently it improves performace, but I think it looks really uncomfortable. :D
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just had a bash on the demo.

Looks fantastic... plays like, ehr, not fantastic.