Home Technical Talk

I lost my vertz!

I'm working with max2009 and I imported a model of a body I touched up in z brush. I fixed a few things in it and then I brought in the head to attach it to the body. Once I attached it ... my vertz, vertex, points, dots, those tiny circles that connect the lines, went missing! I need them! help :(

Replies

• aniceto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aniceto polycounter lvl 18
    can you still select them?
    select vertex sub-object and unhide all?
    reset xform?
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    aniceto wrote: »
    select vertex sub-object and unhide all?

QFT

God knows why Max likes to hide them, but he does.
  • vik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vik polycounter lvl 13
    ...or go to vertex SO mode and click on the Show end result on/off toggle

also plural for vertex is vertices (I`m sure you know that already but just in case..):\
  • RawRanator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so yeah.

yes i could still select my vertICES (or vertz as i like to call them) but i couldn't see them.

i just saved and restarted my computer and i could see them agai
    ... my computer has cancer, its dieing ... I had to remove 4 gigs of ram memory from it, replace the motherboard, buy a new hard drive and a new power supply and its still giving me issues ... less than before but issues none the less. One day its going to crap out on me and i am gonna have to do everything thru my not so max friendly laptop.
  • aniceto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aniceto polycounter lvl 18
    I've had a problem a few times where max would shit itself and either the vertices would disappear or shrink(I normally use gigantic tonka vertices) and I'd still be able to select them. I can fix it by changing the handle size, displaying vertices as ticks or switching between direct3d/opengl. and yeah, this PC tends to BSOD once in a while
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Yep happens to me alot, when max has been idle for a while the vertex ticks just suddenly dissappear, resetting or reloading the file will not work, you have to close and reopen the application to get them back.
    //btw I'm using 3ds max 9 with service pack 2
  • LEViATHAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    Also happens when switching between users while having max open. Restarting the app has always worked for me.