Home Technical Talk

How to delete crease edge in maya?

polycount sponsor
Offline / Send Message
malcolm polycount sponsor
So I have a cube and I have used the crease edge tool on it. I have now deleted the history but the creased edges still show the thick lines. I know there's a way to delete this creasing data but I can't remember for the life of me how to do it?

Replies

• Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    you could try that cube trick, maybe. create a cube (just any new poly, doesn't have to be a cube.), and combine the two objects together. usually works in removing any hidden data when other shit fails. Hopefully it works, then you just delete the cube.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    I think version 2009 fixes that issue - there is a new line in the menu where the crease tool is located.

However, actually deleting an edge that bears creasing information can still mess up the other crease value within the same mesh. The only workaround I found is to delete the face containing that one edge. In that case the table updates correctly.

They should think of testing their tools before release someday!!
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah yes you're right pior in 2009 there is a remove crease from selected component or remove crease from all. We're on 2008 extension 1 at work still.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    heyyy, malcolm, you're alive! :)
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah this bugged the hell out of me in 2008. If you crease any edge, there's no going back - you get that massive thick edge display for good. I think there's a script on highend3d for getting rid of it.
    Still can't believe Autodesk released it with plainly obvious bugs like that.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ha ha, hi Vassago yes I am still alive I even did a 9 month stint in max.