Offline / Send Message
killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
lulz! woah go cards!

Replies

• Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah, they played a great game, but they are playing the Steelers for the ring, and they won't get it. Steel town for the WIN!
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    Le sigh....

Eagles why can't you play 100% for both halfs!
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
  • super_villain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    super_villain polycounter lvl 11
    Don't expect the superbowl to be much of a game unless big ben turns it over a lot. Can't imagine the, "guess I'll just throw it up for Fitzgerald" strategy will work well against the Steelers secondary. Could care less either way, go Bears in 2009!
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    I hope they win. They deserve some love considering they've been nothing but a joke my entire life.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Whooo Hooo! Go Cardinals! Valley of the Sun forever!

Forgive my enthusiasm, but it isn't often that Arizona residents get to celebrate sports victories. Especially in American Football. Although AZ may not be my origin, it has become my adopted home. It is actually quite rare for me to get excited over sports, but this really was a very entertaining game. I'm going to pick up some kick-ass snacks and grilling ingredients for the big game.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    Bush leaves office and the Patriots don't go to the Superbowl, coincidence? :poly121:
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Asherr wrote: »
    Bush leaves office and the Patriots don't go to the Superbowl, coincidence? :poly121:

Jack ass...
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
    I like Arizona to win. But they got to be able to run against Pittsburgh. Their secondary looks pretty good vs. Cards receivers. And the Cards pass rushing vs Philly didn't look too much of a threat although McNabb did get sack what a couple of times.

As long as Warner's protected well enough to throw long I think Cards can win by 14 points.
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    I still can't believe it, I have been living in Arizona since 92 and have gone through a lot of disappointment and heartache with the up and down style of the cardinals. Its like a damn roller coaster well at least my stomach felt that way. People from Arizona know what its like staying here and everyone else around you is a cowboys fan or redskins or whatever and its a sad sight to see. People shouldn't wait for their home team to start winning before they root for them!

Anyway some reason I had to rant that, GOOO CARDINALS, superbowl winners for sure!
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I lived in Arizona for about 10 years or so and I never...ever....ever thought I'd live long enough to see this day. The fact that I'm still able to not be in adult diapers and they are in the Superbowl is making me need an adult diaper.

And actually Arizona Rattlers rocked Arena League for like 5 years straight in the mid 90s. The state isn't used to the Cardinals doing anything other than spending taxpayer money though I think.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    When the Seahawks went to the Superbowl in '05, I though "FINALLY!" But the Seahawks have only been in existence since the 70's.

The Cards haven't made it to a championship since 1947. Before they were the ARIZONA Cardinals. That was before they were the ST. LOUIS Cardinals. That was when they were the CHICAGO Cardinals.

I hope they win. Even if they are division rivals of the Seahawks. But damn if I am not looking forward to Polamalu flying in to challenge Fitzgerald and his jump-ball touchdown catches.
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno wrote: »
    Even if they are division rivals of the Seahawks. But damn if I am not looking forward to Polamalu flying in to challenge Fitzgerald and his jump-ball touchdown catches.

I'd like to see some hair pulling takedowns :poly121:

But probably illegal this season.

I hope they win.

After the Cards, I hope to see the Browns go to the show someday.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    fuck the cards!
  • Marnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marnik polycounter lvl 8
    Everyone seems to be overlooking a huge advantage the cards have over the steelers... The cards know the steelers very well through both the coaching staff and some of the players.

A good part of AZ are players or coaching staff that was with pittsburgh 2,3,4 and so on years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I'm from pittsburgh and damnit I love em. Goin for the six pack
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    moose wrote: »
    fuck the cards!

I don't know why but this made me lol at work and spit out some coke on my desk.

Thanks moose
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Marnik wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be overlooking a huge advantage the cards have over the steelers... The cards know the steelers very well through both the coaching staff and some of the players.

A good part of AZ are players or coaching staff that was with pittsburgh 2,3,4 and so on years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I'm from pittsburgh and damnit I love em. Goin for the six pack

Hehe, this makes me laugh.

I love the talk about Ken Whisenhunt, and his coaching advantage. Don't get me wrong, when we had "The Wizz'' coaching for the Steelers, he def helped us by calling plays that won the Steelers a Superbowl in 2005. Do not forget though, it takes player execution to win Superbowls.

The Coaches can call all the trick plays, end arounds, bootlegs, and play actions they want, but it comes down to player execution. PERIOD.

The Cards look great. Great players, great offense, and great coaching. But can they execute, against the best defense in the NFL. Not AFC, not NFC, but the NFL. The Steelers will be handing a big plate of whoop ass to the Cards....see links

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlMbBxavmGY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzX8rAoVJ4c[/ame]

I feel like we have oil and water in this Superbowl my fellow Polycounters. The most hard ass Steelers defense in years, and the BEST Cardinals "everything".

This game is going to be great, I look forward with great anticipation. Come Superbowl Sunday, we will see who are men, and who are boys. (Not really, but this quote is from Rudy, I couldn't resist.)

I am done ranting...GO STEELERS!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm pretty sure its actually the Rams that are going, Kurt Warner found himself a time machine.
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WE BELIEVE! [at the 2 min warning mark]
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    This is going to be close!
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah, sucks

good super bowl though

CONGRATS Pittsburgh
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Holy crap that was a good game.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, that was a fun game, nice try Cards, you did well.
  • illadam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    illadam polycounter lvl 14
    Great Game indeed. Cards should have went for the kick...
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm? They were down four, not 3?

Still a really great game, and a big achievement for the Cards to even get there.
  • Marnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marnik polycounter lvl 8
    I came when Santonio came out with that catch...

it was sooooooooooo good.
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Marnik wrote: »
    I came when Santonio came out with that catch...

it was sooooooooooo good.

I thought Ben was throwing it away! FUCKING AMAZING! Steelers rock.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Damn that was a nailbiter.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah even though i really didnt care, i was rooting for the cards. Another great superbowl, hey, two in a row! Nice job NFL.

I thought the cards had it when fitz scored that last TD, but they gave em too much time.
  • eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXpendabLe polycounter lvl 18
    But what a game! that's what Super Bowls are supposed to be like!!

Congrats to the Steelers, but more importantly congrats to the Cards for finally bringing a championship season to AZ! Let's just hope we can build on it for the years to come

Great game.. nuff said
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    (sniffle) I was really pulling for the Cardinals there. Very disappointing to come so far and get it taken away from them after a comeback.

Still, there was no doubt that it was an exciting game that was great to watch. Most people were expecting a Steelers blowout, but that wasn't what happened. The Cardinals didn't win, but they didn't embarrass themselves either. A well-played game on both sides.