Home General Discussion

whats the game im thinking of?

mod
Offline / Send Message
rooster mod
it was a fair while back, a 3rd person rpg who's selling point was it took the piss out of rpgs

made references to creatures dropping gold and other nonsensical items, heavily stereotyped characters and stuff like that

i think it bombed in the charts

ringing any bells?

Replies

• Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    I really don't know and can only think of... Overlord. Maybe.
    Or maybe The Bard's Tale 2004. I haven't played either fully.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    Bard's tale it is!
    sankyuu polycounto!
    (and vrav :) )
  • Microneezia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia polycounter lvl 10
    Booo Bards Tale booo!

rpgs are grounded and believable dammit! for example... I am a wolf that devours people on a daily basis in the neighboring woods outside town, sometimes in the mix, i swallow a couple coins from their pockets..wat..... im a savage beast and I eat savagely too.

I also keep keys and whatnot in my secure barrels and crates. Im poor town folk -- saftey deposit boxes have not been invented... I have to keep them somewhere!

---you are ruining my suspension of disbelief bards tale!--- be gone!
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    If I remember correctly, Bard's Tale has the same guy who voices the Elder God from Soul Reaver as the narrator, which makes it an inadvertent parody of that as well.

I enjoyed what I watched of it, but can't remember if my highschool gamer buddy called me back the next day to tell me it was a good game or utterly terrible and he couldn't believe he'd run it through. I'm leaning towards his having enjoyed it.