polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
hawken polycounter lvl 19

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Got it on 360 since I felt this would be a nice way to really enjoy HL2 - on a couch, with a big screen. It did not disapoint!

I would suspect Portal plays great with a controller too. Played all the way through it on PC hence don't plan to do it again on OB. But now that I think of it ... it must be so sweet, I might do just that tonight :D

However I don't see how TF2 can possibly work on a console. But that's just one out of many other cool games!!

Also the pack is cheap, 20USD.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    valve games are best played on the pc
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Apparently TF2 suffers from a lot of bugs that where fixed ages ago in a patch for the PC version. I saw go for the PC version, although I can understand if you don't want to because you think Steam is evil. I used to think so. Then I got Bioshock for a fiver. :) Lots of annoyances on the way though.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    PC version or bust
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I've rigged up my keyboard and mouse to the PS3, which should help. I was primarily interested in TF2

Steam is a pretty cool system, but I'm on a mac mini at home, while it runs windows fine it has no graphics card for gaming.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ps3 is a bit buggier than the 360 version from what I've read.

i had a great time with it on my 360. Episode 2 rocks.
  • Marnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marnik polycounter lvl 8
    I <3 TF2 on 360

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside ^_^
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I own both.

HL2 and Portal IMO were more enjoyable on a couch with a big TV.

Big problems with TF2 on 360 is you get less than 25% of the maps. NONE of the updates *which include new unlockable weapons, and new class upgrades*.

The BIGGEST problem, is that the maps were designed for 32 people, (you only get around half that on TF2), which breaks the balancing of the game.

Not to mention the Engineers Auto-aiming turret is completely overpowered on the 360.