Home General Discussion

hello everyone

hello everyone. this is my first time posting my work over the internet. can someone please send me a reply on how to post my work here on polycount, i would very much like to receive critiques on my drawings and 3d models so i can improve my skills on my art drawings and models.

Thank you.

Replies

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Hey there, Datiger. Welcome to Polycount.
    Firstly you can head over to the Pimping & Previews section and create a thread in there. Try and give as much information about your art as possible. Such as the triangle count of your mesh, the texture resolution, what your aims are with the piece, will it be used for anything (mod, personal project, folio piece, random art, study, etc). Things like that. This will in turn get you more relevant responses to what you're after.
    Secondly, you will have to upload any of your images to a webhost of some kind. If you don't have your own hosting available, there are tonnes of free image hosting solutions available for you online (imageshack, photobucket, etc - I think there's a thread in here listing a good bunch, I'll have a look in a bit).
    Thirdly, make some art, upload it and then link it in your thread using the tags, or theInsert Image button (the yellow one with a mountain and a sun).
    Finally, the comments and critique that you'll recieve here will be some of the best you'll receive anywhere. This forum is full of industry artists with tonnes of experience, so be prepared to listen no matter how harsh the comments are.
    Now get to pimping!

-caseyjones
  • ru4it
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ru4it polygon
    welcome datiger!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    welcome, and I'd just like to put in that this is one of the most polite introductions I've seen here on polycount so you have a good start so far haha, this place can be pretty hardcore. follow caseys instructions and you should be good, if you have any other questions I'm sure you can ask them here as well.

welcome
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    You know. I actually don´t get the "image"buttons or any other buttons for that matter when i write my posts (Even if i go advanced). Is it a firefox issue or something else?

PS: Hey dude ! ;D
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    You know. I actually don´t get the "image"buttons or any other buttons for that matter when i write my posts (Even if i go advanced). Is it a firefox issue or something else?

PS: Hey dude ! ;D
    Just under the banner, Click User CP then on the left hand side under Settings & Options select Edit Options.
    Then scroll right to the bottom to Miscellaneous Options text box and change the Message Editor Interface drop down menu to Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.

-caseyjones