Home Technical Talk

Need Help : GM Kai head

Hey all,

This is my first post in these fourms and I need a little help with starting a part of a model I'm currently working on. Im fairly happy with my RX-78-2 Kai that I modeled, and now I'm trying to GM-ify it, which is a pretty simple conversion since they are nearly identical, but the problem I'm having is with the GM Kai's head. Its a bit of an odd shape, round, yet still has some "sharp" edges to it. Because of this I cant do the same thing I did to make the RX-78-2 Kai's head, which I made starting with a half sphere and just shaping and extruding edges to get the shape I wanted (which was still a very slow and cumbersome process, one which I dont really want to go though again).

I must have started this GM's head over about 8 times now, each time trying it a slightly different way. The current head I have now is as close as I have gotten, and I hate it.

Ive nearly run out of ideas on how to effectivley get the shape of the head, which comes to the reason for this post:

What are your suggestions (if any) on how I should go about starting this GM Kai's head?

My current RX-78-2 Kai:

rx78quickriggedpose2oo6.th.jpg

GM Kai head im trying to replicate:

gmkaiheadimagesax7.th.jpg

My early GM Kai Head view 1:

earlygmkaihead1to1.th.jpg

My early GM Kai Head view 2:

earlygmkaihead2jw3.th.jpg

Replies