Home General Discussion

LOTR Conquest Demo

Has anyone tried this demo? I stumbled on this in XBL. I'm an Old fan of the Battlefront series and this was pretty fun online.

Replies

• Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    single player wasn't particularly fun, very standard fare

and EA wanted me to sign up for an EA account to play multiplayer. No. Just... no.
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Ya Sectaurs, you don't want them manipulating the system with your username & password (Heavens to betsy!)

:D
  • nitzmoff
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    Is the extra login so that it can do cross platform play?

I tried the demo. Had high hopes for what I thought was BF meets Dynasty Warriors. I thought the game play was sloppy and the controls were very sluggish.

Strange how the game's title screen harvests footage from the movies with elves nimbly dissecting giant monsters and unloading arrows on to foes with speed and precision, whereas the game treats your elf like an overweight cosplayer ill equipped for battle and facing his first day on the job.

Arrows are fired with the speed of rockets being loaded into a war machine and jumping looks as though the poor guy knows that serious acrobatics will cause pain to his groin.
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    yea i also tried the demo, the environments were kinda meh, not bad but kinda blandish. was going to try multiplayer but the prospect of typing in all that shit with a d-pad was off putting, xblive is meant to be quick and easy, plus the single player didnt grab me enough to want to play more. over all all i can really surmise is meh, didnt do much for me.
  • MikeF
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    this is the first i heard of it so i dl'd this morning.
    I agree with pretty much what everyone else has already said here, however i'm not fimiliar enough with XBL yet so i thought the extra registration was the norm, really glad its not.

the multiplayer just felt really unorganized and sloppy, maybe i'l give it another shot later but first impressions arnt great.
  • Flynny
    Offline / Send Message
    Flynny polycounter lvl 9
    I hate this game, but solely for other reasons heh.. The videos I saw it didnt look half bad..