B) Cheesy and it makes me wanna cry
or
C) I got a better idea.. what about <insert cool idea here>

Replies

• TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Well in Warhammer 40k it is (A) awesome.

really depends on the execution though...

Whats this survey for anyways?
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    The survey is to get an idea of what other's would like to see and basically just to throw around some ideas that could help for the next animation I'll be working on

What were some of the things that you liked about how Warhammer did it?
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    what sort of sword? how futuristic? what makes them super? what sort of style? what sort of monster?
    this could be anything from captain america with a wooden sword fighting a frost giant to a guy in power armour fighting a dinosaur with a chainsaw sword to a guy with a sword made of his will power fighting a giger alien
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In the begining anything's possible ;) Which is why I'm throwing out the idea

Good ideas, I like the frost giant and chainsaw sword
  • Mark Dygert
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    In my opinion, there is more than enough cyborg ninja to be found. Enough with the insane acrobatic leaping. Warhammer is nice in that it's brutal and powerful, but if you're giving a futuristic soldier a bladed weapon, consider something more original than katana or clunky broadsword - why not a spear or glaive? Halberds may have been unwieldy in the past, but I'm sure a supersoldier could provide a good deal of mayhem given the weight and range.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    yeah, the answer is D: 'depends how you do it'
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Vig, that exo-suit was awesome, thanks for the link.. Did you see how much weight he was lifting!? :o

Thanks Vrav. Ya man, initially I was thinking the same thing - That there may have been an oversaturation of cyborg ninja sword stuff going on already in CG. Though, Dueling with a spear or Halberd could give for some cool action possibilities.

@Rooster, yep.. Your probably right
  • alexk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexk polycounter lvl 12
    dual wielding swords = yes
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    B) but then again i'm a military realism freak.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    my view is that it's friggin cool.

my friends view, is that he'd get shot to shit by the smart dude with a gun...
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The idea is that is the frame, sans armor. More then likely the pack mule of the bunch?
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, W40k style is cool... If you go Luis Royo and Boris vallejo 80/90s style then lame is to short of a word to even begin to describe it.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    forever fucking A)
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Ooh animation. :) Well in warhammer the cool thing is these huge heavy spacemarines/Terminators fighting epic monsters, us normal human cannot even be in the same presence without basically dying. Even though its just stories the thing is that the Space marines are rare and each one have gone through super elitish training, plus the armor that is like rare loot in WOW... Makes it even cooler and its in the future. +chain-magic swords.

Otherwise a lightning fast ninja can also be cool. Using the environment like Jackie Chan to out manouver his opponent/s.

If you plan going 40k wayish read a 40k novel might be a good idea. I like the ones written by Ben Counter.

Atleast it cant turn out this cheesy
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0UJaprpxrk[/ame]
    The question will be answered after the animation :P
    GL
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    alexk wrote: »
    dual wielding swords = yes

He should duel wield swords in each hand!
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @AlexK haha YES! why have one when you can double the fun. I think I'll do just that for a quick test animation and see how it'll look :)

@Dejawolf, I get what ya mean. I use to work for a place that was big on war realism. It was kinda cool to see how indepth some of the technical stuff can get. Mindboggling coolness at times

@Almight_gir I think it's wicked cool too, but ya.. dood with the gun will always put a stamp on your tombstone unless you got some jackie chan bullet blockin sword skillz

@Vig, Yeah that would come in pretty handy man. I was watching Bravo 2 zero on youtube just the other day, and some of the guys had to ditch their equipment because they couldn't carry it all and evade enemy patrols. If they had a suit like that for one guy, the story might have been quite a bit different

@StrangeFate, I checked out those artists and I see what ya mean. The one guy had almost a gothic like appeal to drawings. Though your right, w40k seems like a general favorite going around here, for good reason.

@Sectaurs Haha, now that's a definitive statement if I've ever heard one. Gotta agree with ya man, I think sword stuff is totally sweet.

@TheWinterLord Oh Cool , I had no idea they had books written about 40k. I've had a book drought going on lately, haven't read anything good in awhile... So maybe I just might pick one of his books up.
    Oh man, thanks for that link. IT made my day
    Bhahaha that video clip kicked ass, I'm serious! The shark on his leg and with him giving it right hooks to the liver had me laughing, especially when he called for shark repellent haha. I'd be proud if I could make something that cheesy
    'Roger....... ... .. Wilco' I think Robin turned into a robot in this one.

@Ninjas Word brotha, seems like sword awesomeness is outweighing the cheese factor :)