Home General Discussion

Merry christmas polycount!

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
And a happier new year!
I´m not feeling the christmas spirit at all but still. Merry christmas and all that! :)

I hope the guys that got laid off this christmas still manages to have a good one. I feel for you and hope you the best.

I myself intend to do some zbrushing (Rune sword mini scuplting challenge) and general drawings during my 2 weeks of free time. Will be hard to squeeze in time with all the relatives and girlfriend wanting to show me for everyone and what not... but I´m sure not gonna get the time go to waste whenever i have a chance.

So what will you guys be doing? Can we expect a surge of new cool material in the pimping section? :)

EDIT: just bought myself a christmas gift.

Headcrabhat01.jpg

Replies

• Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Merry Christmas.. So you got a new sweater?
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    haha thats wicked :D

Merry Chirstmas Everyone,Happy Hanuka,Happy Eid and a very happy new year!
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
    Rad hat! Merry Christmas!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Merry Christmas all...

I'm hoping to get familiar with my new Christmas gifts and get some stuff caught up. I need to get a server host running on my desktop so I can start practicing ASP.NET. Employers around here seem extremely focused on that program language now. Hopefully my current employer doesn't contact me while I'm off for the next week.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    hell yea merry xmas!
    now for the xmas eve bachelor checklist :

-house coat
    -scented candle, preferably red
    -large amounts of rum and eggnog
    -lights dimmed
    -heaps upon heaps of hot xxxmas themed pr0n (oh those ladies on the naughty list )
    -a prayer santa doesnt see what you are about to do.

hahaha kidding....i think. seriously though hope everyone has a rockin christmas and enjoys some good eatin and gets a good haul. anyone who was laid off i hope you find tidings of new work in the near future! another year down almost, everyone keep up the awesome work, professional and personal.

cheers
  • ru4it
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ru4it polygon
    `°¤,¸.•*´¯`*•.¸,¤°´`°¤,¸.•*´¯Merry Christmas`*•.¸,¤°´`°¤,¸.•*´¯`*•.¸,¤°´
    `°¤,¸.•*´¯`*•.¸,¤°´`°¤,¸.•*´¯Polycount`*•.¸,¤°´`°¤,¸.•*´¯`*•.¸,¤°´
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    MERRY CHRISTMAS PIMPS!
  • ChrisG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisG polycounter lvl 14
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    merry christmas y'all, have a good, safe day whatever you maybe doing.

John
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    this shit just arrived yesterday, my girlfriend ordered it for me :o

1 x WD-2500KS Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 16Mb Cache Hard Drive SATAII 300MB/s <8.9ms 7200rpm - OEM
    @ GBP 31.95 each (Ex Vat)

1 x IL-E8400 Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 2 x 3.00Ghz 6Mb Cache 1333 FSB Dual Core Processor
    @ GBP 119.00 each (Ex Vat)

1 x AC-FREEZ7P Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Socket 775 CPU Cooler
    @ GBP 14.00 each (Ex Vat)

1 x NOV-PSU800 800 Watt power supply unit
    @ GBP 34.99 each (Ex Vat)

1 x CSR-X644G5 Corsair XMS6400 4GB DDR2 (2x2GB) 800Mhz Non-ECC
    @ GBP 37.00 each (Ex Vat)

1 x SAM-H653B Samsung H653B - 20x DVD+/-/RW - 8 x Dual Layer - Sata - Black - OEM
    @ GBP 11.50 each (Ex Vat)

1 x MSI-P43NF MSI P43 Neo-F - Socket 775 - Intel P43 - DDR2 667/800/1066 - SATA - LAN - ATX
    @ GBP 55.00 each (Ex Vat)

1 x BFG-98GT5O BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB SLI PCI Express Graphics Card - Retail with PhysX, CUDA & 3D Stereo
    @ GBP 99.00 each (Ex Vat)

just copy/pasted the invoice lol.

WILL THIS MAKE MY ART BETTER?!
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can i have your girlfriend? ;D
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    can i have your arts?

lol, seriously when it arrived, my first question was "how the fuck do you know about pc's?". the second was "you realise i didn't spend that much on you, right?".

fun times :D
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    so what did everyone get?
    Got myself a jigger, some test tube shooters and a mortar and pestle.
    feeling like an old school alchemist!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Mezzolina, Prince of Persia & Gears of War 2, The Office season 3, a full set of official Guinness beer glasses, a cookbook, some great clothes and cologne
  • okkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okkun polycounter lvl 18
    Your gifts all suck! I got fiberglass insulation in my eye and 2 hours at the eye doctor, hah beat that!

I will say though, oxycodone is good stuff.. :)
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got. Hmm.

Bracelet.
    T-shirt.
    Cash for motorcycle theory books.
    A mask/balaclava/neck protection/many many more things in one for motorcycle wearing.
    A book. "How to drive like a manica"
    Some uh dont know what theyre called. Textile things for under your plates on the dinnertable.
    Cash.

I think that was all. To lazy to go check.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    I get my wisdom teeth pulled out tomorrow. YESSSSSSS!
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Burnout Paradise
    Architecture: form, space and order by Francis D.K.Ching
    Design drawing by Francis D.K.Ching
    Direlict London by Paul Talling
    Jumper
    Pyjamas

and of course the feast and booze, also the cigar and remy.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Merry Christmas everyone!

I got a text message from my lady friend. ♥
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Vassago wrote: »
    Mezzolina, Prince of Persia & Gears of War 2, The Office season 3, a full set of official Guinness beer glasses, a cookbook, some great clothes and cologne

surely they would be a set of Guinness glasses, as Guinness and beer are two completely different things?
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Clone High DVD set, extra guitar hero guitar, oh and

ENGAGED!!!11!
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    I think its in the word order, Guiness beer glasses, as in glasses designed for Guiness but are more than capable of holding beer.

Got an intuos 3 6x11 :) yay for pen tilt and more pressure levels.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    in the name of the emperor merry Christmas!

1230060878849.jpg

praetus: They have clone high on dvd now?
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Yeah, it was a total surprise for me. I used to watch it when it was first on but hadn't seen it for years. It's the first season and it's a 2 disc set. So awesome.
  • Rory_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rory_M polycounter lvl 10
    merry christmas polycount! :)
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Merry Christmahanakwanza all! :D
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Hope everyone had a good Christmas/Holiday! I am laid up in bed with a double ear infection and a cough that is kicking the crap out of me. We had to postpone opening presents as I couldn't get out of bed...still really can't as I am coughing to much. Santa I guess brought me antibiotics and tea and honey to help with the coughing. Yeah this Christmas sucked for me, and still not sure on what gifts I got:(

Spark

P.S: Forgot to say that my wife had to take our son into the ER as he was breathing fast and weezing, and has been gettting over an eye infection and double ear ache, along with a constant cough as well. Stay away from our house, there is an outbreak of ass kicking flu or something going on!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sounds like Santa brought a big bag of pestilence to your house... hope you feel better soon!

As for my swag, the jolly ol elf brought me some awesome architecture books, some 3ds books, some Maya books, some star wars stuff, another forceFX light saber (my daughter's been playing with the one I got last year like crazy. Some kids have a blankie, she's got a saber...) misc, cloths and gift cards.
  • I_luv_Pixels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I_luv_Pixels polycounter lvl 17
    I got the Art of Wall-E, a life size iron man standee, gnomon dvds, a car radio with a hard drive and GPS, new clothes, and my kids got TONS of toys that i can play with :)

man BRETT sounds like ur xmas sucked!! hope u and ur kid get better!
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Didn't get anything from my relatives other than a few bucks.

Parents got me a car interior detailing job scheduled with a guy down the street from us that does top-notch work.

I bought a house in Pasadena.

:)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So which car are you getting detailed?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    My parents went overboard again as always. I give them a list and they take that list and get everything and then some. It's nice to have a lot of nice things to add to my cube at work though.

Guess I shouldn't complain that I got too much but my little sister who is 10 was asking my step mom and dad how old I was again because I wanted a bunch of toys. She thought they were for my 3 1/2 year old son.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse, next time let me throw some things on your list too ;)

This year didn't hold many surprises for me. I bought most of my gifts for myself, prior to Christmas. I'm the only source of income for my house, so usually my wife doesn't have much money. When I give her money to buy me gifts, she'll spend most of it on other things, and buy my something that was on my list, but was probably the thing I wanted the least :/ Not intentional... just the way it usually worked out.
    This year, I bought a 32" LCD for our bedroom and got it as a combo, with a PS3. So I designated the PS3 as my Christmas gift ;) Then she was with me as I found most of the deals for accessories and games for it. She also knew what she was getting, since we bought her gift on Black Friday.
    I made deals with my brother and brother-in-law to not exchange this year, since both were unemployed for most of the year (or still are). My mom got me a table router, which was pretty cool and my in-laws gave me some cash, which I'll probably get a new mouse with.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah notman let me know and I'll hook ya up lol

The wife and I didn't do too much for each other this year since we are getting used to my horrendous student loans and trying to save a bit but we got a bit for our son. Little guy deserves everything he gets in my eyes.

But the wifey had been wanting a nice pair of UGG boots for a while and that is what I got her. She said it was either boots she wanted or a nice Coach bag. I thought living in Wisconsin the boots would be a better choice. So fast forward from our xmas together to my family gift swap and for 3 years in a row she has picked number 1. So that means first person to unwrap and at the end she can swap with whomever for whatever. First thing she opens up is a Coach bag. So of course she keeps it because no one wants to waste a shot since she will just take it back at the end.

I ended up with a nice best buy gift card that I will be putting to good use when I get back home.

But seriously a Coach bag at a gift swap? How could she have gotten so lucky.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Merry C Poly counts !

New year coming up too..

santa was randomly good this year, a Nikon lens for my DSLR
    I also got Grid and Fifa 09 for the PS3.
    Some clothes some alcohol
    A book Sea of Poppies
    Bob Dylan Chronicles Narrated by Sean Penn
    Bill Bailey Tinselworm DVD
    Mongol and Pans Labrynth on Blue ray
    And lots of things for the little one.

Its weird its almost as if people buy stuff for the new baby and think oh shit can't leave the parents out ..
    ahahaha.. awesome by me !
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Notman.. the '01 Corvette; I've been neglecting it a bit (waaaaay overdue for a wash), I think this was their way of reminding me to clean up the car. :D