Home General Discussion

Former Canadian Defense Minister reasserts - UFOs are real.

Replies

• Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    think about art outsource to them aliens for war patterns on their ships !!
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    Am I missing the obvious joke somewhere?
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, I haven't watched it yet, but I love that "The Scholar Society" thinks we have a "Prime Minister of Defense".
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    until someone official like a current president of a country officially confirms it, or UN or something of that nature, everything else will be seen as merely paranoia and conspiracy theory. truth is out there....
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    of course ufo's are real. and I'm sure there's 'aliens' out there as well. I just don't think they're in any way related
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    UFO's are real, they are UNIDENTIFIED flying objects. That's it.
    As for aliens? Hell ya they exist...do they visit our planet? uhh...until I see something that is more than a video of a blurry light in the sky, I unfortunately can't believe it but I'll keep hoping. I think it's just military black-op stuff. I mean the SR-71's top speed is STILL classified and that jet is retired now. It was built in the 70's and look how ghetto stuff was back then.
    I can only imagine what they are testing now.
    The Vatican has come out this year and believing in Aliens is ok:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Space/wireStory?id=4846170
    Great Britain is now releasing some of their UFO documentation as well but so far it's pretty meh.
    So if aliens are visiting I guess all these countries coming out at the same time and saying they exist (ufo's that is) would make sense.

I still think the black box recordings of the Japanese flight over Alaska are the best stuff out there as UFO stuff goes.
    Check it out:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sde6crjTBJA[/ame]
    B
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Area 51 hasn't been used for military testing for years after it got too much press/eyes on it. Now days its said that the military is running out of someplace in Alaska as there are less of a chance of people seeing something, that and it much easier to hide shit in the snow. Alien no, bleeding edge military aeronautics yes.

I liked the extra planet videos that it brings up too... bad photography = hidden planet? that's up there with the invisible spiral lifeforms that can only be seen in photography IE microbes/dust on the lenses.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    /me dons tinfoil hat

Even with the hat, its hard to swallow.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    WTF? If we have all this access to this alien tech, why can't we make a smart bomb that doesn't hit civilians versus the targets?
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    Thegodzero wrote: »
    Area 51 hasn't been used for military testing for years after it got too much press/eyes on it. Now days its said that the military is running out of someplace in Alaska as there are less of a chance of people seeing something, that and it much easier to hide shit in the snow. Alien no, bleeding edge military aeronautics yes.

I liked the extra planet videos that it brings up too... bad photography = hidden planet? that's up there with the invisible spiral lifeforms that can only be seen in photography IE microbes/dust on the lenses.

I thought Area 51 was still on serious lock down though? They bought up more land in the last couple years to stop all the fanboys from trying to watch them.
    If it's shut down why is there hardcore military dudes ready to kill you if you start getting near it?
    Not doubting you, just curious if you knew more.
    The invisible spiral lifeforms video was so pathetic. I loved in the video how there were "experts in spiral lifeforms" and they just assumed the spirals were inter-dimensional beings...HA!
    Thanks!
    B
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What better way to distract people then to keep them watching a bogus site. I'm sure they still use 51 for something, its just not exciting or anything they care about.

As for the spiral beings, that was debunked about a year ago by someone who really wanted to prove they were multidimensional beings. They where always caught on film but never seen.

He proved it was linked to the way cameras interlace frames, and how fast bugs move their wings. He recreated the effects time and time again using a few different video cameras, a field, and bugs. Bugs flapping their wings a few hundred times per frame registered as spirals or squiggles, every time. He talked with several wildlife photographers and they agreed capturing pics of most flying insects is really hard to do without special equipment and controlled circumstances.

It was a special on the history channel I think... I'll see if I can dig up some links.

Always beware of old videos that claim to have solid concrete proof, because even with media suppression it would still be all over the 6'0clock news. Also if media was being suppressed why not this video? It's more likely its just not news, then it is a massive cover up...
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    even if it's hard to believe, the dude says some valuable things in there.
    vig: not a single post like this goes by without you bringing up the tinfoil hats haha :D.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Vig wrote: »
    What better way to distract people then to keep them watching a bogus site. I'm sure they still use 51 for something, its just not exciting or anything they care about.

This :)

This is a little unrelated, but after I watched that video, there were some others on the side... and a couple on biological terrorist attack... watched one of those videos, and it said expect it BEFORE 2013... 2012 is looking tastier and tastier as time goes on!!!

Anyways, cool shit posted, I always enjoy these kind of things.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    polycount bunker time?
  • danr
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Check this out, think its the coolest "UFO" video, its pretty long, but damn cool

http://vimeo.com/1928279

edit: how do you embed?
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    if you were super advanced aliens with faster than light travel capabilities... why would you come to a fucking redneck planet like ours?

It's like someone from new york city with his blackberry and iphone going to hang out with some bum town in middle of nowhere africa where the highest form of technology is their water pump.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    AHAHHHAHAHAH !!! sir-knight that was awsome.
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maybe looking for labour?
  • rebb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rebb polycounter lvl 17
    Remember the Prime Directive !
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    who says the aliens have the same logic we do? :P
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Murdoc polycounter lvl 11
    oXYnary wrote: »
    WTF? If we have all this access to this alien tech, why can't we make a smart bomb that doesn't hit civilians versus the targets?

Because the targets are usually civilians, casualities of war is more effective to demoralize a population then killing the guys with guns.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    sir-knight wrote: »
    if you were super advanced aliens with faster than light travel capabilities... why would you come to a fucking redneck planet like ours?

It's like someone from new york city with his blackberry and iphone going to hang out with some bum town in middle of nowhere africa where the highest form of technology is their water pump.

anthropological reasons, doi.
  • MoP
  • Dusty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok I are making tin foil hats.

Oh and I just ordered a Frostmourne.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    My father-in-law swears he saw a UFO. He's also psychotic and heavily medicated.
  • buddikaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    buddikaman polycounter lvl 18
    We will self destruct before any kind of "alien war" happens. I still think there is enough evidence to provide atleast some rational belief of UFO's and beings from other solar systems. Not that it really matters.

-Buddikaman
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    When i was younger my family was on a road trip over to Iowa to see family, on the way there we stayed the night at a lake camp ground as it was the cheapest thing we could find. We put up our tent and went to sleep only to be awoken later that night with all the hair on my neck standing on end and by two bright lights above our camp site and a camper a few spots away. One was orange the other blueish. We didn't think anything of it until remembered that the camp ground didn't have any light poles. There was also a huge electrical storm lighting up the sky in the distance. My brother and his friend were in the tent and woke up to the sound of something moving around the tent. They weren't alarmed until they realized that the steps on the loose gravel around them were randomly on different sides. After a bit of that they turned on the flash light and the sounds stopped. That freaked them out more so they got out of the tent and came to the car. The combination of the lights and the sounds was enough to get us out of there. We "packed up" the tent jumped in the car and headed back to the closest town. As we left the orange light followed behind us until we got to the interstate. There the light moved on to the power lines that ran next the the interstate only to vanish when another car passed us going the other way. We checked into the first hotel that was open and booked a room and that was that.

All of this can be easily written off, maybe we didn't notice and there were lights attached to the trees? The sounds around the tent could have been pine cones or a few mice? The light following us on the power lines ball lighting? I don't know, i just know that it sure as hell freaked my family out enough to not drive back that way.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    I loved the part about the soprano girl "Changing the structure of the glass" with her high C. This guy seriously has no idea about resonance frequencies of materials and structures? I mean really its the same reason why troop formations used to break step cadence when walking over bridges. You hit something with a frequency it naturally vibrates at and, with enough power in the inducing frequency, you can get it to shake itself apart. Glass just happens to be easier to shatter than oh.. steel or aluminium.

Its also great how he seems to know of these trillion dollar secret American projects that the American president and congress have no clue about.

I don't mind conspiracy theory, but make it GOOD conspiracy theory rather than the basic unfounded claims regarding the evil big brother with no specifics to back it up. It started sounding like a thinly veiled environmentalist agenda very quickly.
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
    So... who is this guy? Do any of our Canadian polycounters recognize him and place any legitimacy on his claims?

Like, if I saw Donald Rumsfeld or Colin Powell say some shit like this I would believe it 100%, does this guy hold a similar stature in Canada?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I get what you're saying but really you couldn't have picked two of the worst people to "trust".

I also notice that he only gets applause when bashing Bush... I'm all for criticizing the government and making sure its as transparent as possible but when its used as a way to get people to agree with you, or even add some legitimacy to your claims, well you have to wonder. It's almost as lame as saying SEX is awesome, (applause) so killing puppies is ok (yea ok I can go with that he's right about sex after all).
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
    well, not really saying I trust anyone that high up in government, but those would be two guys who definitely would have access to that kind of information, if there were such information - thus if they were the ones revealing it, i would find it more believable than, say, Governor Schwarzenegger.
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18

The butt sex of course, or in medical terms "anal probing". So we're just fresh meat for intergalactic pimps.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Vailias wrote: »
    I mean really its the same reason why troop formations used to break step cadence when walking over bridges. You hit something with a frequency it naturally vibrates at and, with enough power in the inducing frequency, you can get it to shake itself apart. Glass just happens to be easier to shatter than oh.. steel or aluminium. .

Did you see that mythbusters, they made an earthquake machine, and they could only get it to vibrations to travel 100feet away, but they busted the myth of Tesla's earthquake machine. :D
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11

Curiosity. I think its safe to assume that their anatomy would not be logical for us to understand, and vice versa. I dont even think we can imagine what it would be like because a lot of our creativity for this kinda thing is constrained by our knowledge of anatomy. Also its possible that they could be living in the 4th dimension, which is not entirely visible by us... but they can actually see 3D just like we can see 2D, so its possible they know all about us already.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I saw a UFO with my step father some years ago. Quite astonishing, really.
  • spyrewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I still think the black box recordings of the Japanese flight over Alaska

my grandfather told me stories that when stationed on a battleship during WW2 something similar happened, but they saw what he describes that it flew over the ship moving a high speeds so fast that they couldn't turn the guns in time to fire in its direction.

well before the modern fighter jets.