Home General Discussion

I effin hurt and want to show it off. [Tattoo-thread]

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
Im an attention whore. What can I say.
Comments of the "you´re insanely stupid"-point will pretty much be ignored since I know I am. I also know Im chubby ;)

And on that note. Any more people out there that are insanely stupid? Would be nice to see what you all have

Anyway. We won´t truly see the result of todays work until the skin has fallen off and all that so for you that aren´t that knowledgable in this field. The outer skin dies and falls off and takes with it a part of the "blackness" or "color". Its also a bit red due to me having blood in my body. :)

PS: Sorry for the crappy images. Mobilephone camera.
TatueringSenaste1.jpg

TatueringSenaste2.jpg

Replies

• Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    Nice stuff.
    Is it going to be full color?
    Feathers turned out great.
    B
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    wow, sweeeet work you got done there. I love sleeves. How much did that piece run you?
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    modelingman: The background will be black and gray. Flowers and the bird itself will get few litres of color. It´s so we can get a nice popping 3d effect going on. I really love how he thinks the same as i do. It helps to be an artist when you communicate to another artist.

We also decided to make the small flowers yellow and bright gray/white. My nerdy skin is quite bright so it works out pretty well. The fish will also get a small highlight/shadow thing going on later in different tones of green and blue. :)

Aesir: Cheers. :) Everytime someone asks that i kind of go into ignore-mode since the answer would be "too much" and make me cry a bit inside... but for quality work that lasts a lifetime. I don´t want to cheap out!

My calculations say that it will probably go for around... hmm 2 500,88 EUR / 2 322,60 GBP / 3 494,06 USD. I pay by hour and have a special discount thing going on so I´m getting it a bit cheaper than a normal person would.

EDIT: Also i work in norway. This country is known as being one of the most expensive... IN ZE WORLD! :/
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Very cool man, I just got my Alice sleeve done this month. Planning the next sleeve :P Much like you, my cave dweller skin actually worked out well for highlights in the tat.

Lookin' cool!
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers gav. I can´t wait to get started with the bird-
    Alice sleeve!? Sounds like all kinds of awesome right there. Hit us up with some pictures? And if you don´t want to go public with them.

Private? I´m really interested here. :)
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Hehe, will do. I'm actually going in for some touch ups in January, I believe my tat guy is going to take some pics for his folio then.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I'd be so worried about them fucking up.

looks cool though man
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    sweet work, dude. looks very tattoo-y :)

I've got a half-sleeve - my right forearm is covered - and a couple other retarded tattoos. Weirdest part was having a shaved arm for close to six months, with all the sessions and touch-ups!
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japanese tattoo style right, looks great!
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Nice! Dragons, feathers, birds and fish; the best things to get tattoos of.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Except there´s no dragon. Anyway. Thanks guys.

I feel a bit lonely in my nekkedness here though. If you have some ink. Show it off :)
  • rebb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rebb polycounter lvl 17
    Jebus. So are you officially yakuza now ?
  • Steviant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice stuff, man. I'm getting my forearms done next year, when I get a bit more cash-flow. You design it yourself or through consultation with the tattooist, or what? All my friends that have tattoos either picked them off a wall or designed them themselves outright, no in betweens. I've been working on mine for the last year or so, just waiting to get it JUST right :).
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Not to derail but I can't imagine ever designing your own tattoo. Why would you do that when the person inking, most likely, has years of experience doing it and probably knows what works best. I have tons of trust in the guy who does my work and outside of giving him a rough idea of what I want, let him go crazy with the design.

To me, it would be like having an art director tell you what to do when they have no art background at all.

Again, not trying to sound like an ass or be judgemental ..but the tattoo guys around here, who are good, basically do the design for free anyhow and give you multiple consultations and plenty of time to be picky about it. I'm just not sure why you'd ever go through the trouble of designing your own work (like drawing it...not thinking of what you want) and having your own art on your body for the rest of your life. Man, I hate anything I do a week after I do it :P
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steviant wrote: »
    Nice stuff, man. I'm getting my forearms done next year, when I get a bit more cash-flow. You design it yourself or through consultation with the tattooist, or what? All my friends that have tattoos either picked them off a wall or designed them themselves outright, no in betweens. I've been working on mine for the last year or so, just waiting to get it JUST right :).

I told the tattoo artist what I wanted and he started thinking and giving me suggestions and looked at my body from all angles to find a flow in it.

I wanted a shitloads more in the beginning (A cherry blossom tree and a snake for example) but it just wouldn´t fit into the sleeve. It would look like ass more or less. Then he started painting on me with a bunch of happy colored brushes and after awhile he found something that worked for me and nailed down the basic support lines (The support lines are very very quick faint lines just like a sketch, Today we made the final ones).

So yup. It´s custom and the only one of it´s kind :)

Rebb. I don´t know. I hope not. I´d make so many mistakes I wouldn´t have any fingers after awhile and I so do like being an artist :(
  • kolbyjukes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kolbyjukes polycounter lvl 18
    really nice piece man, I'm envious.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aesir: Cheers. :) Everytime someone asks that i kind of go into ignore-mode since the answer would be "too much" and make me cry a bit inside... but for quality work that lasts a lifetime. I don´t want to cheap out!
    When people look down their nose at the price of a tat, remind them money is fleeting, it buys very few things that stay with you even if you have none. Nice tat btw =)
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    very nice work dude, i've heard tattoos aren't that big in norway from some of my friends over there, kudos.

you guys might recognize some of my sleeve (coloring needs a lot done, as does the filling):
    n46304017_31450730_9602.jpg
    n46304017_31450729_9257.jpg
    n46304017_31450728_8893.jpg
    n46304017_31450727_8534.jpg
    n46304017_31450732_4012.jpg
    n46304017_31450731_9953.jpg

chest which the artist did not do a good job on, even though i gave him the drawing of what i wanted exactly. his portfolio lied, boo. covering up the watchmen tattoo.

chest.jpg

other arm, will be covered up eventually:
    n46304017_31103136_367.jpg
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not much of a tattoo kinda guy, but as far as they go that looks like some damn nice work, PIG.