Home General Discussion

Killing time in New York New Jersey Liberty Airport

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
So i have a 7 hour layover in NJ/NY Liberty airport. Anyone know if 7 hours is enough time to go into NYC and go check it out for a small amount of time or is it not enough time with congestion distance and such?

If not any suggestions to kill time?

so far i got

-Nintendo Ds

- Books 2

- Maybe sleep

Replies

• Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    You'll need to be back at the airport with a couple of hours to spare (especially to get through security and checkin at this time of year).

Newark to New York is about 45 minutes by cab, so you'd probably only get a couple of hours in NYC itself..
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It should be a breeze getting out you're already "cleared". But getting back in could be a bitch especially this time of the year. Make sure you have all the things you need to get back in.

What time of day and what day during the week is your layover?

What do you plan to do with your luggage and carry on?
    Most places like the Ferry system won't let you on with even a carry on. Super strict security.

Personally, in the time you'll be there, NY will probably look like any other big town. Unless there is something your dying to see plan a pin point trip leaving yourself lots of time, I doubt you'll miss much.

You could probably hit the World Trade Center (not that there's much to see there).
    I'm not sure if you can get to the statue of liberty in that time, you might be able to see it from shore, but getting the ferry schedule to match up with yours could be pretty tough. If its a real must plan your visit and leave yourself a lot of time.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Layover is on a thursday and ill be carrying 2 carry ons. I land at 12:15pm flights departs at 6:50(18:50)

Your probably right Vig,its just after a 9 hour flight a 7 hour layover then another 4 hour flight it would have been cool to do something besides sitting in a bloody terminal for 7 hours.

Start to finish im looking at a 21 hour day just travelling.