Home General Discussion

world of warcraft WotLK

hi, just wondering how they did this in WotLK as you do quests now the environment changes alot! its really neat but how doest that effect other players like what do they see.

Replies

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    It loads a different instance of the environment, which has different mesh. As for what other players see, they'll see the exact same thing if they are loaded in that instance. I haven't got a Death Knight yet, so I haven't experienced this in the game, thought a few dudes at work have spoken about this. So I know what you're talking about.
    I can assume that Blizzard have a means of stopping certain players from seeing the changed environment instances until they've completed a certain quest chain (this is something I can't confirm at this stage), so they'll see the original instance when they run through that area.

-caseyjones
  • Midna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kinda what i thought but was unsure, seems like alot of work but its a bad ass nice feature they added. i haven't been on Wow for a wile know i was 3rd shaman on server to hit 80 >< then i got tired cuz no 80's to form groups with im sure there is know lol.

btw server BlackRock : Midna (80) , novairo ( 70) , benderr (64), ancientnova (68) , midia (46) , deathancient ( 61)

shaman,druid,rogue,warrior,mage,deathknight ^ in that order.

i have a life just been playing for long time . DONT JUDGE ME! lol
  • Azreality
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    judge judge... :poly124:

it's a really cool concept none the less
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I'm chaggerung the witchhunt-
    oh lawd, WoW?

Time to pack my bags, I believe i have the wrong adress.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    Blizzard is calling it Phasing. It will load a new instance or new mesh's for that player. Later on in the game some huge world events happen changing the whole landscape in areas. Basicly players can interact with each other like normal but others depending on what quests they have completed will just see different stuff.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Says the guy who creams his jocks over anything and everything Star Wars! :P
    One man's trash is another man's treasure.

-caseyjones
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Damn Casey figured me out. RUN AWAY!!!!

No seeing guys play at work this game is really well done. This was more of a side joke to Cojax...
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah it's fine, I get this kind of abuse every day at work from him...
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    Quit shortly after TBC but started playing again last week, i have to say that they have done some really big improvements! The questing is alot more fun now and this whole phasing thingy is totally awesome. Really loving the artwork in northrend aswell :)