Home General Discussion

PETA´s Cooking mama game.

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
http://www.peta.org/cooking-mama/index.asp

Sooo, is it just me that thinks they are kinda raping the name/license?

"Play Mama Kills Animals Now!

In PETA's Thanksgiving-themed parody of a Nintendo cooking game, Mama is evil and thirsty for blood! Play now and see if you're meaner than mama!
READ MORE "

Don´t know if i´d call it a parody though.So basically im wondering. Is that legal?

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    legal or not, its Eco terrorism at its best. Fruitcups.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    this game is so awesome it makes me want to eat more meat
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    delicious...

I love the warped view the tree huggers have of the world... it's great.

time for a steak.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    best part about PETA, their fearless leader has diabetes and takes insulin, and oh yeah insulin was tested on animals....

hey, Ingrid Newkirk, shut up!
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    arshlevon wrote: »
    best part about PETA, their fearless leader has diabetes and takes insulin, and oh yeah insulin was tested on animals....

hey, Ingrid Newkirk, shut up!

Haha yeah. I wonder what nintendo will say about the whole thing though. :)

I love the Bullshit episode of PETA where they actually talk about that and much much more. Makes them seem like hypocrit bastards. Oh wait...

PS: I likes my meat and I don´t consider it wrong (Eats a hamburger in this very second).
    PS2:
    335014132_83d2ab8e37.jpg
  • Steviant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PETA are a bit screwloose in my opinion.

"Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it. — Ingrid Newkirk" - What?

Scaremongering tactics used on children, such as the 'Your Daddy Kills Animals' pamphlet distributed by PETA, aimed at children whose parents are in the fishing trade, include terms such as 'Keep your doggies and kitties away from him. He's so hooked on killing defenseless animals, that they might be next!' - http://fishinghurts.com/pdfs/DaddyKillsAnimals.pdf What sort of personal moral code permits a person to not only think thats a good idea in the first place, but to convince people to actually make the damn thing and distribute it?

This Cooking Mama thing is tricky, though, because if a lawsuit did arise from it, all it's doing is giving them more publicity through shock tactics, which would be counterproductive.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I don't know about you guys, but I've decided to evolve and take the pledge to be veg. Eating meat is soo barbaric. I don't understand why we all can't just eat tofu and fart happy little vegan rainbows. I mean really, cavemen ate meat. SO that means anyone who eats meat is a caveman, right?
    The nerve of some people.
    anyways, i've gotta go eat some TOFU
    cause i'm a FRUITCAKE
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Shit, I have steak and eggs almost three square meals a day, as unhealthy as that may sound but you don't see me complaining.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Kill it and grill it.
  • Junkie_XL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie_XL polycounter lvl 14
    Even if the turkeys were put to sleep humanely, Peta would still bitch. When you crack the eggs to make the stuffing they have blood pouring out instead of egg yolk...lol
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    The only good Peta has done is getting good looking women to take their clothes off.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Guys, vegetarians != PETA.

PETA are messed up, and ridiculously hypocritical.
  • Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    Nothing wrong with being a vegetarian or eating meat for that matter. That PETA lady sounds irrational.

Having said that I do believe society as a whole consumes way too much meat on a daily basis. It's wasteful.
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    I can't help but find the idea of the game amusing...a nice dark take on Cooking Mama, I mean, the eggs even leak blood when you crack them open...BLOOD!
  • Jasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jasp polycounter lvl 12
    haha those people are just hysterical
    I do believe society as a whole consumes way too much meat on a daily basis. It's wasteful.

where i come from (north britanny) the beaches have been like that for almost 30 years (green algae and pollution foam:
    mare9e20vertesx0.jpg

just because of... pork industry. 10 millions hogs shitting highly toxic matter and this is what you get.

and you should smell it... yummy.
  • Slaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slaught polycounter lvl 18
    I am shocked and appalled!

donotwant.jpg
    This is revolting.
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    i'm a vegetarian myself, but this is kind of overdone ;).

i'm not just vegetarion because it's "so cruel to the animals" (even though that's a valid argument aswell). also: to produce 1 kg of meat you need like 3 kg's of "normal" food, so you just produce SHIT with a little bit of meat.
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I enjoyed playing that. :D

bigpot6.jpg
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
  • [Deleted User]
    Japhir wrote: »
    also: to produce 1 kg of meat you need like 3 kg's of "normal" food
    To make money you need paper and ink but we still value the money more
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I would save animals buy eating vegetarians, but they taste gross. Maybe if I cover them in bacon....
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    that picture is awesome whiteeagle. it's been a while since i've had koala.
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    PETA is dumb.

This thread = case and point.
    You've really changed people's minds this time, PETA! :D Way to go!!!
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Ebagg why would you want to eat me... I'm sorry i don't think i can hang out with you anymore now that i know you want to eat me... hehe

Mop,
    Hmmm i didn't know i was a part of PETA, does this mean i get all the peta bread i can eat? If so then why didn't someone tell me sooner. I wonder if it comes with free humus or all you can eat vegetarian gyros?

I have nothing against killing animals just so long as you eat them, or someone eats them. Now people that hunt for sport only they piss me off.

But yeah PETA = lots of crazy people
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Thegodzero wrote: »
    Ebagg why would you want to eat me... I'm sorry i don't think i can hang out with you anymore now that i know you want to eat me... hehe

I have nothing against killing animals just so long as you eat them, or someone eats them. Now people that hunt for sport only they piss me off.

But yeah PETA = lots of crazy people

Haha! Nah man you're not one of the douchey ones that bitch at others who don't share their lifestyle, especially with funny flash games. PETA is full of people like that, to the point of being a joke.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    People are vegetarian for different reasons.

And about PETA, I guess they're passionate about something other than their own comfort, unlike most humans on earth (in any kind of scenario), but they suffer from "the big organisation" syndrome, which usually ends up in the wrong way.
  • ChrisG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisG polycounter lvl 14
    I think that vegetarianism is wrong considering that the entire world is based aorund things eating each other(pretty sure its called the ECOsystem, ahh the irony. bet peta never thought of that).
    What I am against is animals treated as less than life and just an object not a living thing. I believe in the ideas of many native or aboriginal tribes of only take what you need no more but it is hard to live that sort of life style.
  • zenarion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zenarion polycounter lvl 17
    Thegodzero: the thing is, when you go out hunting, the animal you kill usually gets a more dignified death than the hordes that are slaughtered in factories. I had a friend from the army tell me about him and his dog hunting a wild boar all night. It was horrible, and awesome at the same time. I think the boar ambushed them, and they not only had to shoot it, but bring out the knife. Considering the brutal death, the boar lived in the wild, to it's leasure. Animals that are killed for food are not granted the same freedoms.

Now back on topic: vegetarians ant PETA. The organisation, is considered terrorists. And that is bad in my book. I am alright with all kinds of beliefs, as long as people don't try forcing them onto me, and limiting my freedom. It is very hard to cook for my vegetarian girlfriend though, all the stuff i want to eat she considers bad :/
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Penn and Tellers "Bullshit" pretty much summed up the hypocrisy of PETA's actions.

Vegan, but I dont push* my lifestyle on others.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0exLa6saV9o[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Eo4KtBJFc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXjwDqz4gWM[/ame]

*Except when it comes to consumerism ;). Im sorry, but we all live in this world.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    I think most people agree that PETA represents vegans and vegetarians in a very bad light. I became vegan because of environmental and moral reasons, and it's unfortunate that people rarely use logic in their daily decisions, so instead of appealing to people's logic I guess PETA thinks scare tactics will work better. It ends up making all vegans and vegetarians seem crazy :/

chrizz1 wrote: »
    I think that vegetarianism is wrong considering that the entire world is based aorund things eating each other(pretty sure its called the ECOsystem, ahh the irony. bet peta never thought of that).

The thing is we have gotten to the point where eating meat isn't necessary, and we're so awful to the world's ecosystem it would be nice if people tried making an effort to change a bit. I think it's ironic that you say vegetarianism is wrong because "the entire world is based around things eating each other," while cows, a major food source for Westerners, are herbivores.

Unfortunately most people don't have to see stuff like Jasp's example, so it's easy to overlook our effects.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    Food is the embodiment of penetration and that's why people get so personal with food. It goes not only inches into a persons body via the mouth, but you actively partake in swallowing it more than foot down your throat. So its only natural people get defensive/ offensive of what type of "stuff" they put in themselves.

I've never seen a person bragging about how pimp their Sprouts are. BAck off YO's... MY Sprouts are the SHI# they be alive and full of LYFE! :)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Animals used in wars

In 2003, PETA President Ingrid Newkirk sent Yasser Arafat a letter following an incident in which a donkey, laden with explosives, was intentionally blown up, begging him to "leave the animals out of this conflict."[167] A similar letter was sent to Sri Lankan terrorist group Tamil Tigers following a bombing that hit a zoo.[168] Newkirk told the Washington Post in response to questions on why she did not also ask the groups to stop killing humans, "It's not my business to inject myself into human wars."[169]

PETA has also opposed the use of dolphins by the US Navy[170] in the War on Terrorism, as well as the use of hundreds of thousands of cats, guinea pigs, hamsters, rabbits, nonhuman primates, rats, mice, fish, and other animals used yearly in military testing.[171]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_for_the_Ethical_Treatment_of_Animals

the woman is batshit crazy, just label her a furry and be done with it.

also, i'd LOVE to see PETA try their activist tactics against the military.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    zenarion,

Like i said I'm fine with killing just so long as it doesn't go to waste, or if its necessary(destruction of property/or life in danger). If they ate the animal then I'm fine with it, but not if they just cut off its head and left the body to rot.

If my body didn't hate meat then i would eat it but my body hates it. Now if some meat slips into my food/ or the flavor of meats gets into my food i get that oh so wonderful gag reaction and up comes what ever i just ate. Its a good thing too because at this point if it did make it to my stomach i wouldn't have the enzymes to break it down any more and would get very sick.

Damn it every time i post in here i end up wanting to eat Greek food... damn you peta!!!

PS swampbug loves to "eat sausages". ;)
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JesterBox polycounter lvl 18
    It's the animals fault for being so tasty.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Oh I don't know, with a nice Chianti, maybe some fava beans, I think human flesh could give chicken, if not beef a run for its money.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE[/ame]
  • MachineMinded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm a vegetarian myself, but this is kind of overdone ;).

i'm not just vegetarion because it's "so cruel to the animals" (even though that's a valid argument aswell). also: to produce 1 kg of meat you need like 3 kg's of "normal" food, so you just produce SHIT with a little bit of meat.

You do realize that in the case of cattle most of that 3kg of "normal" food is actually grass/hey and last I checked people don't really eat that much of it. This is also the case with sheep, they mostly eat grass, which isn't actually something I'd call human food. Wheat is also used as part of diet, but it isn't the main substance you feed most of these animals(excluding pigs).

And human brains tend to be made of fat tissue and were evolved during our carrion eating stages in the plains of Africa, so I guess meat and fat tissue is somewhat crucial for our brains(it would be interesting to see if several generations of vegan food, would actually cause people to get dumber). DISCLAIMER: If you are strongly religious, ignore everything I just said.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, but all this bullshit propaganda just makes my blood boil. Besides the shit that comes out from these animals gets effectively recycled back into the fields. And in some places farmers take the produced methane gas(cattle tends to pass gas quit a lot) and use it for generating power or warmth).

:poly127: We are omnivores damn it! :poly122: Besides it's unethical to hurt all those poor plants, just because vegetarians refuse to eat meat!
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    ehm.. ok, here goes:

-pigs get fed (mostly) with soybeans, for which they chop down ancient forests. soy = human food. and it's rather obvious that in the places where they grow grass etc. for the animals they could also grow "human foods".
    -if you eat with enough variation (e.g. more than 60 different vegetables a month i believe it was) there is no need to eat meat. the only vitamin which you can't get out of vegetables and other stuff is B12, but you can get that out of cheese and milk etc.
    -the fields are so overloaded with crap that the fish in the river next to it all die out. they "dump" the shit on their field, and it makes their stuff grow faster, but after a couple of years all of the other nutrients are gone, and the field is pretty much useless.
    -generating power from gas is good. :D
    -plants/fruits are "meant to be eaten" if you ask me, that's basically the way they reproduce, and spread their seeds. (if we where to poo in the wild that is ;)).

woow this post turned out way too long ;). and i keep saying "them" or "they" but whatever, you get the point.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    but but.. the tapeworm requires someone to eat the pig!
  • Jonathan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2800991295_3b3f1ae8fc.jpg

I'd just like to say, this post is full of win.

:D
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    This website is really nice and full of interesting stuff.

http://www.coconutstudio.com/index.htm

PS. I don't eat sausages really, I prefer 12 inch carrots. :P
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    I just have this to say to anyone talking about how natural it is to eat meat:

hulk_cow.jpg

There's nothing natural about how we do anything anymore :P

Also, I know it's been said but it's completely absurd to think agribusiness is in any way effectively recycling the waste it creates back into the environment. Our hippy "bullshit propoganda" is far and away outspent by the mega corporations' propoganda making you think that the way the fattest, most unhealthy wealthy people in the world eat is actually good for you.

EDIT: I should say that I totally understand eating meat and whatnot when you need it to survive, but if you are posting on the internet chances are you are not in that situation.
  • MachineMinded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *snip*
    -the fields are so overloaded with crap that the fish in the river next to it all die out. they "dump" the shit on their field, and it makes their stuff grow faster, but after a couple of years all of the other nutrients are gone, and the field is pretty much useless.
    *snip*
    Not all fields are next to rivers and I guess you're mixing up fertilizers and genuine real bullshit, but since the inclusion of small strips of bushes and trees between the fields and watery areas that problem has almost completely disappeared. :) Also farmers rotate the stuff they grow, so that the soil gets a chance to recover in terms of some nutrients, if they didn't we'd live in a desert right about now... Farming has become a lot less destructive in the past couple of decades(there are actual rules and ways to take samples from the soil and see what it actually needs and work with the Ph value and so forth). I guess I've got a bit different perspective on this because I grew up on a farm.

Edit: And for the part about 3rd world countries suffering from malnourishment and us eating like pigs. There's already a lot more food being produced than it is needed, the problem is not in the amount of food rather in the means of transporting it to the people needing it(or rather the costs of doing such a thing). I'd argue better way to treat world hunger would be to increase food production in the areas more food is needed as well as to reduce over population in said areas.
  • Justin Meisse