Samsung Touch of Color Monitors

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
chrismaddox3d polycounter lvl 17
after seeing these in action i gotta get one soon for my office,
you can watch tv on them and these are fully 1080p hd ready,
just think this touch of color series is real nice,
already plan on getting me a 52 inch hdtv toc for xmas for the living room,
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Touch-T220HD-22-inch-Monitor/dp/B0019HGTLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1225387735&sr=1-1[/ame]
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN52A650-52-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B001413DF8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1225210917&sr=8-1[/ame]

Replies

• anoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Be aware: each screen size comes in two flavors: with or without the HD tuner and speakers. Check the model number. The tuner and speaker combo has "HD" at the end.

I just bought the 26"HD one for my desktop. Has additional ports on it over the tunerless one as well. (Two HDMI, optical, etc.)

I love this thing. I would definitely consider a bigger model for the living room.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    We have a couple of the 52" in the office. They're pretty sweet.
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    I got a 24" non-HD version to use for my PC and PS3 a week ago. It's awesome. Very happy with it. I spent a month looking for the right choice and I think I got it.

Pros:
    -Very sleek and appealing to look at.
    -Frame doesn't distract and break immersion.
    -Lots of ports (HDMI + DVI + VGA + more)
    -Decent colour/contrast for a TN panel.
    -Decent viewing angles for a TN panel.
    -Good for gaming, cause it's a TN panel.
    -No dead pixels, Samsung is pretty reliable.

Cons:
    -Ports on the back are really annoyingly placed.
    -Took me two days to get it calibrated to look nice without blowing my eyes out with super brightness.
    -Stand isn't very adjustable.
  • Zephir62
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zephir62 polycounter lvl 12
    Just bought one brand new yesterday from Fry's and the damn thing has red scanlines everywhere. Returning it ASAP.

Other than that it's pretty nice, definitely recommend it. The auto-brightness adjustments are really irritating, though. Still trying to figure out how to turn it off.