Home Technical Talk

bizarre keyboard/wacom problem

[Deleted User]
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
[Deleted User] polycounter lvl 18
I've never seen this happen before until yesterday, and then again today.
Yesterday, while in Max, using Polyboost's polydraw tools, I'd click a tool (Border or Move, for instance) and it'd become highlighted and change the cursor, just like normal. But then as soon as I clicked somewhere to use it, it would deactivate the tool as though I'd right-clicked or pressed escape. I switched to the Wacom mouse and not only did it behave the same way, but it didn't switch from absolute mode to relative like it's supposed to.

I tried closing the program and trying again, and I double checked my Wacom settings to see if maybe I'd inadvertently set the tip to right-click instead of click or something somehow; but that wasn't it. I never found a reason or a solution, but it went away on its own after a few minutes. Everything else (non-polydraw stuff) seemed to be working fine, I figured maybe it was just some kind of momentary glitch with that.

BUT THEN... Today, in Photoshop, it started doing strange things again. When I hold Ctrl, it changes the cursor the way it should, but when I try to use another key for a shortcut (like Ctrl-Z or Ctrl-D), it doesn't do anything (like it didn't register the other key) until I click with the stylus! Then, as I click, it takes the command and does what it's supposed to do.

Has anyone ever heard of or had this happen?

Oh, almost forgot... I'm on XP Home SP2, the tablet's an Intuos2, and my keyboard is a Micro Innovations brand wireless USB.

edit2: aaand, now it's back to normal. I switched back to Photoshop after typing this and it was behaving normally.

Replies