Home Technical Talk

ACDSee displaying .TGA alphas

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Marcan polycounter lvl 12
Hi everyone,

just a quick question: is anyone using ACDSee? We use it at work, and it displays by default the Alpha channel (this goes for .TGAs, maybe other image formats have that problem as well)

This is quite annoying, and any ideas will help! except to change software of course, I'd like to stick with ACDSee instead of XNview and the like.

Thanks.

Replies

• sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    I can't remember if you can turn that on or off, but most software displays the alpha channel as part of the image, transparent png is whatever you set the transparency to I believe. i ihaven't used acdsee in a long time as it really started turning into bloatware. I'm using xnview now, it does the same thing with tgas.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not the answer you're looking for but XNview can do it.
    XNview has hot keys to;
    • Show Mask (M) Toggle the display the alpha channel.
    • Use Alpha Channel (Ctrl-H) toggles on and off the transparent effects of the alpha channel.
    I'm not sure about ACDSee I stopped using it a while ago XNview's renaming tools are a lot more powerful then ACDSee, its free and like SirKnight pointed out it became pretty bloated.
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    intarresting.... didn't know you could toggle it in xnview... guess I have one more thing to play with :3
  • Marcan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marcan polycounter lvl 12
    I was pretty sure it wasn't possible with ACDSee (I tried searching for it before posting here, a lot) and yes, it is indeed becoming Bloatware. It crashed on me about 10 times today (no kidding).

Thanks for the answers guys, I am already using XNView at home but not at work. Oh well.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    i use acdsee pro 2.5 now, and it has the alpha problem :P, all masks are seen in white (png transparency too).