Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    walk around acting pompous.

arsh, who's the hot chick on your site? :D lol
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Well I already walk around with my nose in the air so I thought it was the best accessory I could purchase.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Go browse the App Store.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    ya, get pandora for sure, and theres a neat wikipedia one too. there's some decent stuff on there!
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    open up the browser and go to the following link:-

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone
  • alexk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexk polycounter lvl 12
    get the $30 6gb data promo before it expires
  • James Edwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    James Edwards polycounter lvl 18
    Add me to your contact list so I can spam you with sms and use up all your text for the month.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Gwot wrote: »
    Add me to your contact list so I can spam you with sms and use up all your text for the month.

10,000txt's in a month, you have some whoring to do!
  • glynnsmith
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    hack it and get cool software. My favorite is the cowbell app. (i don't think you even need to hack it to get that..)

Then there's scummVM, nes emulators, skype/msn/etc applications and so on and so forth.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    hahahaaha ok i officially love this fucking phone..

was in the shitter and in facebook app

get a msg from my buddy andrew:

'hey man what're you doing' he asks

'im literally taking a shit, right now.'

awesome.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what is it with you and texting when you're taking a shit?
  • super_villain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    super_villain polycounter lvl 11
    Wow, the iPhone 3G even works in the bathroom?!
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I take my laptop with me in the bathroom when I poop
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    EarthQuake wrote: »

One of these day's he's going to accidentally snap a pic while texting...oh the horror.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    adamBrome wrote: »
    hahahaaha ok i officially love this fucking phone..

was in the shitter and in facebook app

get a msg from my buddy andrew:

'hey man what're you doing' he asks

'im literally taking a shit, right now.'

awesome.
    I'm picturing an iPodesque commercial based on this. White background, Warren (from Ed) on the can, using facebook while taking a dump. Maybe PC can be rubbing his shit on his chest... Too far?
    Seriously though, that was way awesome, Adam.

-caseyjones
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    EarthQuake wrote: »

Shitting while texting = greatest way to pass the time. FUCK MAGAZINES.

I'll be sure to let you know the second I am dropping turd the next time I go.
  • grasshoppa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith wrote: »

Thanks for the link glynnsmith, that's narly!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    did they impliment HSDPA. Blutooth, Video, or anything else i would use a phone for?

oh...
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Looks like we have a hater!

I love how the internet is just one touch away! when youre chilling with your mates and somebody is claiming some dumb fact, you can now quickly look it up on the internet whereever you are and prove them wrong *sniff* Ill miss those days of endless bullshit talk :(

I just hope they make flash work soon or enable it!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    not a hater at all. i have an ipod touch, which i love.

i have a samsung F480, which i also love.

why would i want a phone with a shitty camera, and lack of industry standard phone functions, just because it plays music?
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Because it works amazing as a phone and it has a ton of amazing shit to entertain you on the go. It has nothing to do with music for me, it has to do with the amazing App store.
  • Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    Edited: I have a big mouth.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    sonic wrote: »
    Because it works amazing as a phone and it has a ton of amazing shit to entertain you on the go. It has nothing to do with music for me, it has to do with the amazing App store.

that's fair enough, but i want a phone that works as a phone, without anything else.

plus over here you have to pay like £200 for the phone, then a 24 month subscription to o2, at a minimum £35 per month.

that's something that i find unacceptable.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    IMO its a perfect blend between boring-ass phone & blackberry. I quite like it. Decent camera (2mp ain't bad for point & shoot), calendar, email, text, apps, games, music (i use mine as my ipod now), etc. etc.

It's a fun phone. That's about all I got.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    If you are going to use it for getting online A LOT away from the computer then it is a pretty good phone for you. If you want a phone first, internet capable stuff second, get something else.

If you are in the US then you are on AT&T's network with the iPhone so it has the highest speed network if available in your area. 3G access isn't available everywhere though.
    http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/

It may lack MMS but any MMS someone sends you is converted to email. And you still have email to send stuff out.

2 year commitment? Suck it up. That's what you have to do for AT&T.

You have to get the standard plans with it PLUS the data plan (unlimited data use though). It's a bit on the pricey side. Definately NOT for someone who wants a no or little frills phone.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i don't get the "it's good for internet" thing. most other phones run HSDPA now, which is much faster than 3g.

i've just worked out how my contract is better:

Orange - $40p/m over 18 months. and i get a £300 handset (at launch) for free. so in total i pay £720.

that includes:
    1200 minutes, any time, any network.
    Unlimited texts (fair usage = 3000).
    Unlimited web browsing (fair usage = 500mb)
    Unlimited mobile TV.

pretty cool right?

iPhone = £279 (just asked a friend what he payed) + plan.
    Plan = £35 p/m + £10p/m for the web browsing and email package. over 24 months, which includes:
    600 mins anytime x-net.
    unlimited txts.

total cost = £1359

i'll stick with my samsung, which has a better camera, faster browser, a touch screen interface which can only not do the tap-zoom feature of the iphone, internal 8GB memory, blutooth, HSDPA, MMS, Video recording. oh and it's about £600 cheaper with a better talkplan. it makes better sense. especially since even though i bought an ipod touch, that still leaves me with £420 left.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Well the iPhone has full HTML support and runs Safari. There's no scaled down version of the internet (WAP) like on older phones.
    Blackberry or iPhone.. personal choice really.
    That's all phone stuff boils down to. "What do you want?" There's something out there for you.

If you are outside of the US, well then you probably do have faster speeds. Europe was the testbed for what is currently in place in the US.

Video recording.. well that will probably be implemented in a generation or two like Apple loves to do. ;)

Personally I want one to sync with my iMac and have some level of consistency across my hardware. I would love something small to carry around and be able to access internet/Mac stuff without having to sit down at my iMac all the time.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    i don't get the "it's good for internet" thing. most other phones run HSDPA now, which is much faster than 3g.

Actually...

iPhone's 3G network is HSDPA. :p

And snemmy, most touchscreen phones have full HTML / Javascript browsers. In fact, Opera 9.5 for Windows Mobile has flash support.

I own a Sprint Mogul. The internet is really fast (EVDO rev A), it has GPS, wifi, a slide out keyboard, 2 mp camera, etc. It is technically better than the iPhone, but I got my GF an iPhone for our anniversary and I can't stop playing with it. They really really know how to make a nice GUI and everything flows so nicely. It seems like on other phone OSes they don't know how to preload something before the animation starts changing and it looks like crap compared to the iPhone.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    that's fair enough, but i want a phone that works as a phone, without anything else.

plus over here you have to pay like £200 for the phone, then a 24 month subscription to o2, at a minimum £35 per month.

that's something that i find unacceptable.

how much is a blackberry subscription again? Trust me, that is cheap. I had to pay £350 for the handset then £50 a month in bills over here. Well worth it in my opinion (as I develop for it). It is pointless to say "I just want a phone, thats a phone" - you have no business writing anything here then. The iPhone is something more. The phone part it does very well. Contacts is perfect. Where else do you get visually listed voice mail? Where else can you listen to your iPod then take a call by merely touching your headphones the listen to your ipod again when done? (without lifting a finger)

It's not just a phone. It's a computer. It's a walkman. It's a games console. Now consider that £200 again. Is that expensive?

I use the iPhone on the shitter, bus, pub (to check bullshit on wikipedia).

It's pretty crap as a video camera, I'll give you that.
    It's also crap at email. Learn why on my blog :poly124:

http://www.dadako.com/top10-missing-features-for-iphone
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    The instinct has visual voicemail ;)
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd rather have a comfortable browsing experience that a 0.125 times faster connection(seriously, why bring up HSDPA all the time?). As said before, the iphone show a real webpage, and not some hacked lists of links and some thumbnails. TEH BROWSING IS
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    over here, blackberrys are free on just about any tarriff... in fact the only smartphones that aren't tend to be the nokia E series.

and i can view web pages perfectly on my phone o_O.

don't get me wrong, like i said i don't hate the phone, but my opinion is that it costs waaaaay too much for what it is.
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmmm.. I pay 45$ a month for 2 years and got the phone for free
    150 mins/month, 150 texts/month, unlimited internet
    Thats a pretty decent price in my country
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    how come every country but england gets the iphone free on some tarriffs?
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    We pay $199 after 2 year contract, and the minimum plan is about $70 a month + tax for the 3G version. It's not cheap :p
  • Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18

iPhone = £279 (just asked a friend what he payed) + plan.
    Plan = £35 p/m + £10p/m for the web browsing and email package. over 24 months, which includes:
    600 mins anytime x-net.
    unlimited txts.

total cost = £1359

I'd say your friend has been ripped off. Quoted from O2 website...

"If you'd prefer the 16GB version, it's free on our £75 tariff. Then you'll just pay £59 with the £45 tariff and £159 on our £30 and £35 tariffs.

All tariffs include unlimited browsing on your iPhone, unlimited Wi-Fi access, visual voicemail and reduced roaming rates with our International Traveller Service and are subject to a minimum term contract of 18 months."

The basic 16GB iPhone contract (which I have by the way) is £699 in total for 18 months ( £30*18 ) including the £159 initial payment for the handset.

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/paymonthly
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Me: $299 for iPhone + $70/month for my voice + data plan.