Home General Discussion

Zbrush Advanced Workflows

After 4 months in the making ZBrush Advanced Workflows with over 10hrs of content, covers instruction in both Zbrush and Modo, exploring concepts and methods to enchance and optimize model development and creation. Presented with full hi-res video and audio narration.

Topics include; Model preparation, Sculpting methodology, uses for the Z-projection brush, uses of the Morph brush, UV tricks and tips, Zmapper and arbitrary meshes, Organic sculpting using masks, Hard surface workflows in zbrush, Retopology, Displacement maps and rendering them.

The intention with all the tutorials I make is to provide a lot of information and acquired knowledge. Not just watch me work like there are countless examples of already. The goal is any one of these lecture topics is worth the price of the collection they are a part of. I have seen a lot of instructional material over the years and I am trying to make tutorials how I’ve always wanted them to be; at an advanced level, no filler, time lapse repetitive sections and covering topics and techniques I have not seen else where.

e40dba7d62ad3bedc7ffbe6e4f92d63f.jpg

Instructor Bio;

Ken Finlayson has been a Zbrush user since version 1.55, and a creator of 3d art since 1993. He has worked in both the film and next-gen games industries. He is currently a Senior Character artist for the game developer Bioware Corp. and most recent credit is to the game Mass Effect. In the past he has been a beta tester of the Zbrush and Mudbox software. He was an ambassador for Sheridan College’s computer animation program as well as taught and tutored while attending there. He was a recognized EAU instructor while employed as a Character artist by Electronic Arts and has given several lectures to Bioware’s character art team and junior artists.

MISGUIDED TUTORIALS

Here is a video preview, the quality is a bit degraded I'm afraid.

TUTORIAL PREVIEW

19d4e7e6e909faaece52d01bf07f8984.jpg

Replies

• Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    So you want a critique or just want us to spend $75?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Indeed, I think this will fit better in GD than in P&P... moving now.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    A straight pimp of that rhinoeye thing would be cool. Doesn't look worth 75 dollars though, the instruction seems a bit iffy from the preview.

but i'm cheap, take it worth a grain of salt.
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Haven't Gnomon done something like this? Looks ok.
  • East
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    Looks interesting, although for me the other tutorials that you are developing are a bit more of interest :)

I can't find any good information on how the download works. Can people only download it once? If so it might be a good idea to remind to back them up properly. Does it have some kind of DRM attached to it or something? I might be willing to buy, but I'd need to know in some detail how the terms of the download is. Preferably without having to go digging around for it :p
  • spaz8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I believe the download link is active indefinitely. I bought some tutorial downloads for Messiah a year ago through the lulu website that are still in my account when I login. I believe you can download as many times as you need to also. NO DRM

Only when the project is retired and it is no longer for sale do you lose access, since it will be removed from the server at that point.

All 9 movies are grouped in 5 zips adding up to a bit under 3 gigs..
    Movies #1-3 179MB, #4-6 316MB, #7 676MB, #8 1.58 GB, #9 136 MB.