Home Technical Talk

Bizarre Maya Problem

every 3rd or 4th time I go into High Quality rendering mode in Maya it freezes for a few minutes and my wacom tablet driver stops working. I get a little pop up telling me to reinstall the drivers

Its starting to piss me off, as it means having to restart my computer about 20 times a day. But its such a weird problem I dont really have any idea how to go about fixing it

I've tried reinstalling Maya and my tablet drivers but its still happening. Anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    what tablet? intuous 3? i've had driver re-install problems with mine, but never with maya. -bizarre.
  • teacup42729
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I has similar problems for a while but I never figured out the cause, but I did figure out that I could restart the tablet driver without having to reboot. I made a .bat file that contains the following:
    taskkill /f /im Wacom_Tablet.exe
    net stop TabletServiceWacom
    net start TabletServiceWacom

This usually brought it back again, worth a try if you can't find a proper solution.
  • benclark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks teacup, I'll give that a go
  • Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    you can always try logging in/out instead of rebooting.. still annoying but not as annoying.

personally I have other big issues with my tablet. that is if I'm outside of photoshop and alt+click into it to try to sample colors the alt key gets stuck and I gotta log out/int to fix it. another is that photoshop doesn't seem to recognize the pressure sensitivity every now and then so you gotta restart it. sigh.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    intuos 3 cards use the "terminal services" service.

by default windows makes this manual and causes the problem, by setting it to automatic i never recieved any error messages again.

1. Install the latest drivers from Wacom

2. Make sure the Wacom is connected
    *Ignore the errors that you recieve*

3. Start > Run > "services.msc" > ok

4. Maximize this window > scroll down to T

5. Right click "Terminal Services" click properties...

6. With the "Terminal Services properties" open > change startup type to "Automatic" > click apply

7. Now just under "Service Status" click "Start" > then click ok to close the properties.

8. Back in the Services list find "Tablet Service" (although this is automatic it needs to be started because it depends on the aforementioned "Terminal Services" being started first)

9. Like before right click on "Tablet Service" > properties > under Service status click Start > click ok to close the window

10. Close Services window

11. Start > programs > wacom tablet > tablet properties

this completely fixed all my reinstall driver messages, hope it works..