Home General Discussion

Is this a joke? (Batman 3 cast),

Replies

• TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Not true. Chris Nolan actually hasn't even signed to do the film yet.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, there is no way that is true... if that is true... that would be bad... ... ... very bad...
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Haha...Heath Ledger as the Joker?! Surely you jest.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 18
    Ha! I was just discussing Nolanverse Catwoman the other day offline, and said she'd probably end up being an unattractive middle-aged woman in bondage gear who reeks of cat urine. Looks like maybe I wasn't as far off as I'd hoped.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Stranger things have happened. I remember the uproar that was caused when Ledger was cast as the Joker.

-caseyjones
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    vermilion wrote: »
    not true. Chris nolan actually hasn't even signed to do the film yet.

qft
  • Robert Headley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Robert Headley polycounter lvl 18
    Edward Nigma, The Riddler is a popular topic of discussion among me and my friends. As everyone knows Jim Carrey played the role in the first schumacher abortion.

It's not so much that he was a bad Riddler, as it was that he was a Great Frank Gorshin. Frank Gorshin of course played the Riddler on the old TV series.

I think the most interesting and faithful version of the Riddler today is the Batman: TAS version of the Riddler. He was dark and intelligent and actually composed difficult challenges for batman.

Catwoman isn't major villain material. Maybe love interest and occasional foil, but she isn't going to do anything that would be worth basing a movie on.

This Rumor is just that.. a rumor, and a bad one at that.. I doubt thats going to happen.. 60 year old catwoman doesn't fit in Nolan's batverse in any way.

As for Depp, I never say he can't play a role because, he usually can, but the rumor is false.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    A studio executive said: "Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants to her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years.
    Well...That would certainly make for an interesting take on the character.
    I'd imagine if they did bizarrely decide to take this route, they'd do well to find someone a little more haggard looking and less plastic to play this hypothetical old Catwoman.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Catwoman isn't major villain material. Maybe love interest and occasional foil, but she isn't going to do anything that would be worth basing a movie on.

Heh, shame the studios didn't agree with you on that one.