Home General Discussion

Usain Bolt - Superfreak

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
Unbelievable. I haven't really seen much of the Olympics. I make sure to catch everything Usain Bolt is in though because the fella is just a freak. He's so far in front of the pack it's not funny.

A world record in the 100m and 200m and now Jamaica are looking like they could get the record for the relay.

Hot damn.

Replies

• Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Yup, this is quite the olympics, with Phelps and now Bolt. I caught the 100 meter where it looked like he just kind of jogged to a new world record. That was amazing. He's the best since Carl Lewis, that's for sure.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Hell yea, another Bolt fan. Tall man can run.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    INSANE BOLT (of lightning!)
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    This is evolution
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    I mean he's fast and all, but wonder what his times would of been like if he ran full out instead of sloughing off at the end and showing off only after he passes the finish line, I've heard several reasons why he did that the other day one was sponsor endorsements and such.. /shrug
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meh, he fucked around on the 100, but I heard he ran full out in the 200.
  • monkeyboy_garth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah, the 200 is his preferred event. And he was also running into a head wind, so he actually had to run to the line to get the record in the 200. Apparently he didn't even really run the 100 until this year.
  • Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    Tumerboy wrote: »
    Yup, this is quite the olympics, with Phelps and now Bolt. I caught the 100 meter where it looked like he just kind of jogged to a new world record. That was amazing. He's the best since Carl Lewis, that's for sure.

Pssh.. all the swimming was the swimsuit and we all know it. Bolt however is amazing.. unless they made uber sneakers.
  • diminished_Self
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diminished_Self polycounter lvl 12
    everyone was wearing the suit, so its effect was negligible against the other athletes, but it did pretty much ensure that the world records would be shattered this year. also they were swimming in a 10 lane pool (instead of an 8 lane pool) that was slightly deeper than normal which added up to less turbulence/wave disturbance. all that said....phelps would have shattered world records anyways.

as far as bolt goes? jesus christ....that was insane. i would have loved to have seen him run full out in the 100, but it is what it is. hes stated that hes going to start training to run the 400 again as well...if he goes 100, 200, 400 in london that will be quite the fucking olympics.
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah, Bolt obviously didn't give his "all." That is pretty disappointing from where I sit. But I guess it really drives home the point that he is THAT freaking fast. I suppose it also allows him to stay in the headlines if and when he decided to continue to break his records outside of the Olympic Games. Amazing athlete.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And he JUST turned 22 (I think) so in 4 years he'll be in his prime running time. . . London should be cool.
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    At first I thought, possible drugs candidate like Marion Jones. Realised hes a giant then thought it could be possible. Why on earth he gave up at the end I don't know, because he knows hes that good, or so that its not so blatant.