Home General Discussion

WoW - New Expansion Class Images - Death Knight

If you've ever wanted to play a MMORPG as a magical-goth midget, you're in for a treat...

http://deathknight.info/2008/08/the-transformation-is-complete/

WoWScrnShot_080908_042438.jpg

Seems a bit odd that an inherently evil class is available to both Horde and Alliance factions. Shouldn't the Alliance variant be a big bunny-rabbit or something?

Replies

• stimpack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stimpack polycounter lvl 10
    Nothing will make me go back to this game. This new class isnt anything spectacular.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    From the videos I've seen, the way this class plays is how all classes should have played from the begining. Rampaging through hordes of enemies your own level. Not the current trend of barely surviving 2 at a time.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    Death Knights are not part of the Horde or the Alliance, at least not initially. They start as members of the Scourge. You even get your first quest from Arthas himself.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Well at least you'll know when the expansion is released, because every server will have only Death Knights running around (kinda like the TF2 upgrades).
    They look pretty cool though.

-caseyjones
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I decided to stop paying for wow. As gift ideas I said "buy me wow time". I have a bunch of wow time, catching dust. I just can't get back into it... Last time I logged in, I looked my character over, saw that the really cool stuff I had, was total crap. I started to fly somewhere and logged out mid flight...
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vig, have you considered some role-play to re-ignite the spark in your relationship with WoW? Haw, haw, haw! :P

I know what you mean man. Every now and then I get nostalgic and pump $15 into WoW, I'm soon reminded why I stopped playing last time by a 'collect 625 hedge-hog testicles' type quest.

Still though, it would be nice to have a high level character for when the expansion drops. (So I can do the new-improved 'collect 625 salamander ball-bags' quest).
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I laid off WoW to give AoC a crack, but after the never ending latency issues I gave up on both!
    But I started playing WoW again the other week, and its not quite as boring as I remember it being. It always depends on who you're playing with, though I'll probably buy the expansion a few months after release.

-caseyjones
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    WoW = Drama filled lameness if you want to enjoy any kind of end game content. Atleast, that's the opinion of an on-again off-again ex-wow addict with several lvl 70s. The game is great, until you hit end game. Then you have to do the same dozen quests each day, deal with raid times/kids/drama, or start a new toon. I doubt WoTLK will bring anything new to the table to solve that.

WARHAMMER!
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    "wow, they must have absolutely no lives at all :O"
    lol, just kidding :P.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    they've got some cool stuff going into the expansion; like achievements & a pretty crazy stats tracking thingiebob.

I still play, but I only play a few hours a night lately, don't really care enough to farm or pvp anymore. I make 700-800g ever 3 days selling bear mounts with some guildies, sell gems from the excess badges i get from raiding for an extra 500-800g a week, i buy all my consumables, and raid Sunwell to finally beat the game as it is currently.

I'm having more fun with it now than i have before, with people who don't really give a shit but are all really, really good at the game. I do have to do some BS stuff as a healing officer, but whatever, I just make sure people don't suck and die :)
  • kendo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendo polycounter lvl 18
    Really looking forward to playing as death knight finally say goodbye to the old warrior, just hoping they give us a better snare at the moment 30% wont cut it we will get kited to hell.

p.s its pretty sad when your crowning achievement is getting owned but with vurtne i can make an exception.

guess which one i am http://www.warcraftmovies.com/stream.php?id=21974&stream=Google