Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

TF2 Heavy Weapons Gal

This is my attempt at modeling a concept by Kirt Stanke.

hwg2.jpg

hwg2-1.jpg

...and that's all I have to say about that.

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I always thought Norman Rockwell's version of Rosie the Riveter had more than a passing resemblance to TF2's Heavy.
    http://obt.lcsc.edu/rosiesribs/images/Rosie%2520the%2520Riveter.jpg
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    Jackablade wrote: »
    I always thought Norman Rockwell's version of Rosie the Riveter had more than a passing resemblance to TF2's Heavy.
    http://obt.lcsc.edu/rosiesribs/images/Rosie%2520the%2520Riveter.jpg

ahh norman rockwell...thats a beautiful piece.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah, that Rockwell girl would make an excellent heavy.

This thread suprises me in a good way. I would have thought the last female character to be modelled for TF2 would be the heavy, I would normally expect to see all the others done up with silicon first.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ha, cool looking pretty solid so far =)

The concept isn't really keeping with the era they're portraying in TF2, Americana 1920's-1960's. Its a cool concept and the model is coming along nicely, but its a bit too sci-fi/modern for TF2.

Crits:
    The heavy has gorilla arms and hands like hams. It's going to be hard to incorporate that into a feminine character and should be turned down a bit, but the arms girth should read a bit more.
    - I'd take an hr or two and find out what people of this body type/race where wearing around those times and try to work that in a bit more. Definitely don't use the same buckle as whats on the concept, way too sci-fi.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    haha, cool idea
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    I agree with Vig, the style isn't really meshing.

I think Rockwell's Rosie is a LOT closer to what you should be aiming for. No offense to the artist who did the concept you're working from, but I am not convinced that she could heft the heavy's gun. She looks too soft to me, she should have some softness to her, being a woman and all, but right now she looks much more fat than muscle. Granted, the heavy has a gut, but he still looks really strong.
    Also, from what I've seen, women who have the sort of chest and back muscles necessary to lift a gun that heavy, would have smaller breasts.

Keep it up, I'd love to see this finished. :)
  • VanillaChicken
    At the behest of a fellow female tf2 character modeler type person. Here's a premature update.

hwg3_2

I really haven't been working on this as much as I should be. The hair 'round the back is just a stand-in.

Oh, and thank you all for the replies.