http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17123408/detail.html

Is that irony? Or just plain stupidity?

I don't get it.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    The caption below the 2nd image reads:
    Molotov cocktails, flammable liquid in a bottle with a burning rag as a wick, were used to set the fires, according to Milton police.

So, to spell it out, the article states that the teens learned how to make Molotov cocktails from playing GTA, and then gives out the "recipe" for how to make Molotov cocktails in the slide show. Thereby, teaching anyone who would not have known previously, how Molotov cocktails are made.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    The reporter was so misinformed on that video to say that GTA taught the kids how to "make and use" molotov cocktails, total bs, yeh, like Rockstar actually illustrate how far to push a rag into a bottle, what type of fibres it's made from, how much should be soaked and what kind of liquid should be used. Damn, why can't these retards just be amazed with the game, and using the technology that they will never understand.

Edit: AstroZombie - The video shows more info than the slideshow on the making of the "bombs" but real molotov cocktails are much more dangerous as they actually explode on impact!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GCMP wrote: »
    The reporter was so misinformed on that video to say that GTA taught the kids how to "make and use" molotov cocktails, total bs, yeh, like Rockstar actually illustrate how far to push a rag into a bottle, what type of fibres it's made from, how much should be soaked and what kind of liquid should be used. Damn, why can't these retards just be amazed with the game, and using the technology that they will never understand.

Someone didn't get the special edition...

I miss the days when people learned all they needed to know from the Anarchist Cookbook. But I guess that entails the ability to read...
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I dunno about teens these days, but when I was a young teen (I was 18 in 2001) any teenage boy with half a brain could find out how to make a molotov cocktail, and many made them as well as other types of explosives. This is teenagers being dumbass teenagers, but because they mentioned video games they turn it into a 'hot button' article. Quit pointing the finger at video games and focus on these dumbass teens and their parents who aren't doing their responsibility.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Vig : I didn't no, but, your shitting me, right?
    Edit: O you were, silly me!
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    We would regularly disassemble (legal) fireworks, pack them into tubes and make bombs. Then we'd blow stuff like trashcans up.

And we didn't need no stinkin' video games to teach us how to do this. It was good ol fashun Americun ingenuity! (Though we very well could have been winning Darwin awards).
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I've learned how to assemble bombs step by step from watching primetime News.

When I was young, we crumpled up aluminum foil into a plastic bottle, add drano, cap, throw. I think I learned that from watching the News while sitting around the table having a nice dinner with the family.

I wonder if the News could also teach me how to break into someone's home and murder them...in HD.

*me wonders*
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Coronado#Demonstrating_an_incendiary_device

Why bother with video games? There are already public speakers openly "educating" kids to do demolition and justifying the causes for it...for one thing.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX wrote: »
    I've learned how to assemble bombs step by step from watching primetime News.

Pfft... did the A-Team and MacGyver teach you nothing!? Oh wait I'm a fossil around here...
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I learned how to blow stuff up from Boy Scouts, A-Team / MacGyver tv shows, and my high school history books... SUE THEM!
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    They found a receipt that contained the purchase of Sprite bottles, red rags and lighter fluid.

last i checked, plastic doesnt shatter when thrown, it likes to bounce. Now plastic bottles, tin foil, and chlorine bleach.... thats another story.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    They found a receipt that contained the purchase of Sprite bottles, red rags and lighter fluid.

last i checked, plastic doesnt shatter when thrown, it likes to bounce. Now plastic bottles, tin foil, and chlorine bleach.... thats another story.

im callin shenanigans
  • rebb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rebb polycounter lvl 17
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gas + fire = enough pressure to blow apart a sprite bottle.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I didn't need books to figure out how to break things. I saw Critters, that was the spark. My father taught me about the matches trick, which I thought was lame. I just got a bunch of crap that said flammable mixed and tried. When it went boom I said crap cause my mom beat the shit out of me. I just learned to do it far away where she wouldn't find me LOL. What the hell seriously are humans that dumb these days. Grand theft auto teaching, give me a freaking break. I stopped playing with bombs when I lit a firework and it blew up before it was supposed to, way to close for comfort. Damn that shit was loud.

Alex
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eq: the point is that a real molotov shatter upon impact, making it more useful. Or would the impact cause the bottle to blow up regardless? Come on internet, teach me!

And yeah, anarchist cookbook, anyone? A quick google confirms that it's been adopted to the new generation by means of youtube, so that's them sorted, then.

vig: I doubt many people here don't know the a-team, or Macguyver. Although saying 'I'm ancient' around here does seem to be a cool thing, so it's okay.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    What was the top-down shooter that Raven released years ago using the Quake 1 engine. Take no Prisoners, right? I seem to remember the weapons information screen featuring the recipe for molotov cocktails. I would've never thought of adding soap flakes to my incendiary to make the chemical sticky and flames more difficult to extinguish. Video games are nothing if not educational.