Home Technical Talk

Are Advanced games getting any better...

Since the release of nintendo, and then SNES, and then Sega, then the game boy, then the... N-64!!!!! then the xbox. All systems which I owned in the course of my lifetime..

Ive noticed one thing about the advancement of video games-

Video games, kinda suck. Becuase when I personaly bought the Xbox and halo. Thats all I played for a long while. I neglected my homework constantly, and ignored alot of my friends and family. Deep down inside there was this battle being waged, no matter how many times I played these levels there was always something about the alien race I found, amazing. And the computer A.I was amazing. Well since the A.I was so amazing, do they know that Im human? or something something? Video games are so awesome. Why do they make things so damn awesome and highly addictive.

Theres got to be something more to computer A.I tho. Like come on, I want to see a game where the computer A.I is perfect. Who needs animation when they can move around on there own.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What is this thread about? Seems like some random stream of consciousness that doesn't really have a specific point. Seems like this should be in GD.
  • Ironwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Everything created and developed evolved around the consciousness. Thories and Logic are excellent tools. Brainstorming is essential to anyform of creation.

There will be a day when Computers will thing for themselves, perhaps create things on there own. Since the world is rapidly advancing' there is no question about this

We dont know how the brain thinks, but we do know there are certain brain patterns and systems that think and calculate, and computers are essentially that'

Is there some sort of mechanism involved in the process of the mind'
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How high are you man, are you like, SO HIGH right now?

My point here is, if you're not asking specific questions this isnt the place for these sort of posts. If you want to talk theory and game design General Discussion is a great place for it.
  • Ironwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I posted in Technical, becuase this is very technical things I say. I dont think you understand the technicalities in Calculation
  • LEViATHAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    Bash head here ---> *
  • Ironwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They wish to bann me only not to hear the truth'

Truth is LeVi, we aint gunna die today. so we still got some, 40 or 50 years ahead of us. and we all keep improving.

Perhaps one day I will have the pleasure of you begging at my feet, and I will not hesitate to accept you as a friend
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ask one single, specific technical question, come on, i dare you.
  • Ironwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Who is.. King James? he will please the gods like no other
  • Nilium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nilium polycounter lvl 18
    Lambda calculus must work. The notion that electrical engineers synchronize with the construction of superblocks is always considered unproven. Similarly, a technical grand challenge in operating systems is the simulation of the lookaside buffer. To what extent can SCSI disks be synthesized to answer this obstacle?

Another private objective in this area is the exploration of electronic configurations. Meta-games manage ambimorphic methodologies. It should be noted that our system is recursively enumerable. We emphasize that meta-games turn the unstable symmetries sledgehammer into a scalpel. Nevertheless, this method is rarely well-received. Therefore, our framework learns amphibious modalities.

Distributed heuristics are particularly appropriate when it comes to certifiable communication. It should be noted that our solution learns peer-to-peer modalities. Existing encrypted and permutable methods use highly-available technology to locate semantic theory. Compellingly enough, the flaw of this type of method, however, is that DHCP and consistent hashing can interfere to fulfill this aim. In the opinions of many, it should be noted that we allow Smalltalk to explore classical theory without the development of hierarchical databases. This combination of properties has not yet been enabled in previous work.

In order to solve this problem, we disprove that the famous autonomous algorithm for the visualization of symmetric encryption by Leslie Lamport et al. is Turing complete. We view steganography as following a cycle of four phases: improvement, creation, study, and management. We view networking as following a cycle of four phases: simulation, study, improvement, and simulation. This combination of properties has not yet been refined in related work.

The rest of this is organized as follows. We motivate the need for scatter/gather I/O. we place our work in context with the existing work in this area. Along these same lines, to accomplish this purpose, we demonstrate not only that systems can be made highly-available, "fuzzy", and Bayesian, but that the same is true for cache coherence. Next, to solve this question, we concentrate our efforts on arguing that the World Wide Web and Byzantine fault tolerance are generally incompatible. As a result, we conclude.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Ironwolf wrote: »
    Like come on, I want to see a game where the computer A.I is perfect.

Portal. Next insane question.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    You ask 'are games getting any better'... then state that games suck.. then rant about how amazing Halo's AI was.. then state that you want a perfect AI...

Spazzy a little, no?

If we did have 'perfect AI', I doubt they would want to play games with you..
  • Ironwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Then its PERFECT!!!! As long as it can make decisions on its own, thats a great start'
    snemmy wrote: »
    You ask 'are games getting any better'... then state that games suck.. then rant about how amazing Halo's AI was.. then state that you want a perfect AI...

Spazzy a little, no?

If we did have 'perfect AI', I doubt they would want to play games with you..
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
  • Ironwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You give a bug an environment to live in, it learns to adapt.

Noel Cower wrote: »
    Lambda calculus must work. The notion that electrical engineers synchronize with the construction of superblocks is always considered unproven. Similarly, a technical grand challenge in operating systems is the simulation of the lookaside buffer. To what extent can SCSI disks be synthesized to answer this obstacle?

Another private objective in this area is the exploration of electronic configurations. Meta-games manage ambimorphic methodologies. It should be noted that our system is recursively enumerable. We emphasize that meta-games turn the unstable symmetries sledgehammer into a scalpel. Nevertheless, this method is rarely well-received. Therefore, our framework learns amphibious modalities.

Distributed heuristics are particularly appropriate when it comes to certifiable communication. It should be noted that our solution learns peer-to-peer modalities. Existing encrypted and permutable methods use highly-available technology to locate semantic theory. Compellingly enough, the flaw of this type of method, however, is that DHCP and consistent hashing can interfere to fulfill this aim. In the opinions of many, it should be noted that we allow Smalltalk to explore classical theory without the development of hierarchical databases. This combination of properties has not yet been enabled in previous work.

In order to solve this problem, we disprove that the famous autonomous algorithm for the visualization of symmetric encryption by Leslie Lamport et al. is Turing complete. We view steganography as following a cycle of four phases: improvement, creation, study, and management. We view networking as following a cycle of four phases: simulation, study, improvement, and simulation. This combination of properties has not yet been refined in related work.

The rest of this is organized as follows. We motivate the need for scatter/gather I/O. we place our work in context with the existing work in this area. Along these same lines, to accomplish this purpose, we demonstrate not only that systems can be made highly-available, "fuzzy", and Bayesian, but that the same is true for cache coherence. Next, to solve this question, we concentrate our efforts on arguing that the World Wide Web and Byzantine fault tolerance are generally incompatible. As a result, we conclude.
  • Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    "What is this thread about?" flag raised. Event broadcasted on all channels.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Noel Cower has correctly answered all possible questions that could have arisen as a result of this thread. Therefore, it can be safely closed, and everyone wins!
This discussion has been closed.