Home General Discussion

Tribes 3?

Replies

• Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    I was a huge tribes 1 fan... been playing the closed beta of this off and on, it's a pretty damn good successor. The controls are a little different and the content is still pretty limited... but it's a beta. Once you get used to the controls you can fly around even better than you could in tribes. Def worth a try if you want to know what some of the best FPS multiplayer ever was like.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Man, I loved Tribes. Might have to give the beta a run over LAN with some dudes from work. Hopefully its just as fun as Tribes was.

-caseyjones
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Tribes: Vengeance was meant to be tribes 3 xD

Honeslty though I'm not a great Tribes fan... Do I see Gavin's work there?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I still play Tribes 2 every Friday Night. I've mentioned it before, but I'm one of the devs for the TAC mod (http://www.tacmod.com). I love the game and haven't found anything to match. I've heard mixed reviews of this new version, but I'm still waiting to give it a try myself. I'm not big on the browser idea and that it won't be moddable :/ Also, I can't play it on linux :(
  • cep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep polycounter lvl 18
    Tribes: Vengeance was meant to be tribes 3 xD

Honeslty though I'm not a great Tribes fan... Do I see Gavin's work there?

I know :(
    I'm enjoying this so far, I wish more games had jetpacks
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I was never a big fan of tribes, but I've been playing this for a while and it is a TON of fun. I'd like to read about the technology more.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Yup Mr Gavin Goulden worked on some characters and they look great.

Honestly man that site, Instantaction.com is awesome, and the game itself is really fun. One of those games where you can just like, go on for a bit with some friends and have a good time :)

hardcore casual fps :)

EDIT: Anyone wanna setup a match?
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    i'm a big fan of Tribes

tribes 2 and vengeance sucked though
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jetpacks aren't in enough games.
    And leilei, ever played t2 classic? I always disliked the feel of t2, but I played some t2 classic over a lan a while back, and it was great fun. And hunters really is a shitload of fun with a few friends!
    I've yet to play Legions, but I've been hearing comparisons to Tribes 1, which means I'll definately be trying it. Good to see there are some other tribes fans on here! It seems only those who obsessed over it when it came out remember it fondly, for some reason.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    I got Tribes on its Canadian launch, love the series. Vengeance is definitely my fav, and this one seems to play pretty similarly to it and T1. Can't wait to give it a try this weekend.
  • rebb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rebb polycounter lvl 17
    I only played this like 2 or 3 times, should probably try it some more - but from what i saw it seemed like "Tribes Light" with only the basic Jetpack Movement and certain Weapon Types known from Tribes, as well was the goal to capture flags.
    Everything else is pretty much missing, no Armor Types, Generators, Defenses - at least from what i've seen - maybe there's actually a map with these.

So atm i have it filed under "Quake3 CTF with Jetpacks on Outdoor Maps".
  • Dazzer13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Only played T2 and T3. I love the concept of tribes i think its one of my fav multi fps i have played.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, no generators or defenses? Hmm. I knew there weren't any other armour-types yet, but that's pretty dissapointing.