Home General Discussion

StarWars & Matrix Artists Offers New Products for Artists

digitalapprenticelogo30yk6.jpg

Hey All, I wanted to let everyone know about a new company that I have recently setup called Digital Apprentice Workshop. Digital Apprentice Workshop is going to be producing top caliber DVD and Down loadable Tutorial Content for Animation, VFX and Game Artist! All products will be authored by industry veteran artists.

digitalapprenticeworkshtb5.jpg

Digital Apprentice Workshop will also allow those of you who may want professional feedback on your works an awesome opportunity to get in touch with professionals, receive honest feedback and learn actual techniques used at major studios!
sneakpeakgraphicclickmerv1.jpg

You can head over to our web site www.digitalapprenticeworkshop.com and see a sneak preview video of some of the features we will be offering starting this July 4th. If you have any questions feel free to shout at on the boards here and I will be more then happy to fill in the gaps! Cheers! -David

Replies

• Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    This smacks of "advertisement." Now, I must confess that I am interested. It sounds great. But I'm not sure it has a place on a message board like this one. I'm not an admin here, so you have nothing to fear from me. But the admins on polycount typically do crack the whip over this sort of thing. If I was to hear some more personalized responses, rather than what appears to be form mail, my mind would be put at ease. Goodness knows we would all love to get more feedback from industry veterans.
  • dw78nov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This smacks of "advertisement." Now, I must confess that I am interested. It sounds great. But I'm not sure it has a place on a message board like this one. I'm not an admin here, so you have nothing to fear from me. But the admins on polycount typically do crack the whip over this sort of thing. If I was to hear some more personalized responses, rather than what appears to be form mail, my mind would be put at ease. Goodness knows we would all love to get more feedback from industry veterans.

Richard, you are correct the post does feel a bit impersonal. It is a news release. Sorry to for the post come off as a negative. This is good feedback for us here at digital apprentice workshop! So thanks for your response! As you can see I went ahead and made a few changes :) Maybe this will feel a little closer to home. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Cheers, -David
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Welcome David :) That's quite the first post.

While I am not a fan of the cut & dry corporate approach to these sort of things - your original post wreaks of it - I am interested. Most definitely. A website focused on tutorials for gaming, animation, and VFX can't possibly be a bad thing.

Thanks for sharing and good luck to ya!
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Looks good. Don't really need Starwars and matrix in the thread title, dropping names so quickly comes off as slightly distasteful to be honest. But that was just my impression. You could just wait till the start of the first paragraph of the description. But yea, looks like it could be a worthwhile investment. I'll keep my eye on it. Best of luck with this thing, looks like a great idea.
  • jeramy79
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David,
    I went to the site and watched the video that explains about your upcoming site. Personally, I would use a different Girl for the Naration. The current one speaks like she has a retainer in her mouth.
  • Jonathan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is not spam, because I like it! :p

This along with Eat3D should be some great resources. :)
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The video shows a full site, but there's nothing up yet? Huh? I guess they're shots of the internal site for your company.

Your animation reel is pretty, but I wish there were descriptions of what you did in each shot, otherwise attribution is left to the imagination.

Best of luck with the site, sounds good so far.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Welcome, don't mind the anti-establishment hippies, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to offer.
    It would be nice if you visited a few more times now and again just to keep us updated on what you're doing personal projects and otherwise.

Hippies, this is grass roots and eco friendly, go get loaded and chill out!

Best of luck with the site! EDIT:Good luck with the site launch!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, did anyone catch the polycounter in that video? Jelmer Boskma!

Looks pretty cool. I've been on a training-video-binge lately, so this is good news.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    cool. I too was a bit confused by the showing of a full site in the video, but not having any of that available. Looking forward to it though.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    This looks interesting, looking forward to it.

Alex
  • dw78nov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The video shows a full site, but there's nothing up yet? Huh? I guess they're shots of the internal site for your company.

Your animation reel is pretty, but I wish there were descriptions of what you did in each shot, otherwise attribution is left to the imagination.

Best of luck with the site, sounds good so far.

Yes, that is correct the site is not yet available. It is being tested for bugs and we want to make sure the site is clear and clean for everyone. At the moment it's still a work in progress!

Also the video was supposed to be a sneak peek look at some features. We did not want to make a long drawn out video preview. We just wanted to give everyone a small taste and let them know when the site is going to up and running. It's like a teaser in some sorts - Coming soon! Coming soon ! :)
  • dw78nov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum wrote: »
    Hey, did anyone catch the polycounter in that video? Jelmer Boskma!

Looks pretty cool. I've been on a training-video-binge lately, so this is good news.

Hahah! Yes, that is Jelmer! We did a full length interview with the man and he will featured on the site opening day :) Also the troll model that you see in the video was designed by Jelmer. He's an awesome guy and awesome artists! He's got a new website coming soon to - it's pretty cool. -D
  • dw78nov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vig wrote: »
    Welcome, don't mind the anti-establishment hippies, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to offer.
    It would be nice if you visited a few more times now and again just to keep us updated on what you're doing personal projects and otherwise.

Hippies, this is grass roots and eco friendly, go get loaded and chill out!

Best of luck with the site! EDIT:Good luck with the site launch!

I will be here to answer any and all questions and to share updates as we get them! You can count on that for sure. Cheers, -D