Home General Discussion

Wii FIT

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
Bought a Wii FIT yesterday, after playing last night for 4 hours with my wife doing the ski & aerobic games, Nintendo has made a great piece of hardware!

This morning my legs were actually a little sore, which made it hurt a little more at the gym. I don't see this as a way to loose a lot of weight, the gym is better for that but its definitely a great interactive addition to get people active. Essentially you use your Mii and it weights you based on what the wiipad analyzes. My Mii went from being thin to heavy, it was pretty sad.

You earn tokens the more you workout and these tokens unlock more exercises and aerobic games. It was definitely worth the $89 and standing in-line for 10 mins on Wednesday morning.

Replies

• [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    I'd rather go surfing, but I'll keep the door open to the idea of getting one someday.
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    Got one also. I am liking it, fiancee is loving it. Just wish a more 'full fledged' fitness game would come out and make use of it. It is really lacking some sort of scheduled workout program. Even an option to choose to do like 5 random activites a day would have been helpful
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    bought the woman one of these on first day of uk release.
    Played it ten minutes after that, and I've not touched it since.

Everything just felt insubstantial (everything meaning the balance games, the best part I thought) and I didnt really want to go back to them after all. It wasnt very accessible to me either, I felt like I had to sit (or stand) through 5 minutes of menus and little characters speaking at me whilst I hammer A before I could get to anything.

I guess I'm just one of the few people who it doesnt appeal to. It doesnt help that apparently I'm ideal BMI to it, so I dont really feel I've any goal to set on it. I should mention though, that even though it says shes an ideal BMI as well, she actually really likes it still.
    So its me.

Im still going to steal the board off her for Skate It though.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I can see this being fun for people who don't normally do any interactive things, but for 90$ I'd rather spend it on stuff like MGS4 and Soul Calibur 4, etc. I would honestly probably pick it up for 50-60 but at it's current price point I'd rather wait to receive it as a gift. that and the fact that it contributes nothing itself to losing weight, but rather makes people aware of their body's and lets them decide where to go from there. I'm already aware of my body so once again I'll put it on the backburner

however nintendo sure knows the market and is doing phenomenal. awesome for them.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah i'd rather invest in some weights and a good pair of running shoes
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    $140 bucks here, love it. 30-45 minutes every other day.

It disguises exercise.