Home General Discussion

Seattle! Yo.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
So I've been here a week and a half now and my car finally showed up. Who is up for some beers? Hm?

Replies

• Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    shoot me an email or a pm, I'm down in pioneer square during the day and up on capitol hill at night, both are good places for beers.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    I live on 10th and aloha in capitol hill, ferg. I work in bellevue though. Should you want to pop out for a beer i'll send you my email adress in a pm. I don't have a computer at home yet so I wont be able to get pms. EMails work, though.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I got here on Tuesday, and I'm all setup now. Still got some unpacking to do, but I finally got internet setup today. :)
  • Cheez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For those new to Seattle, and in the games industry of course, keep an eye and ear open for Industry Night. It's organized by Joe Waters and is usually the 2nd Thursday of every month. It's a nice excuse for folks to get together and shoot the shit, have some drinks, etc. It alternates between west side and east side. The west side get-togethers are always at The Garage in Capitol Hill and east side ones are in Bellevue, but I unfortunately don't know which bar, since I only go the west side gatherings :P
  • diminished_Self
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diminished_Self polycounter lvl 12
    the garage? for real? with their 6 dollar beers and 8 dollar (shitty) martinis? whats wrong with linda's ;) nothing says "games industry" like punk rock on the juke box and an oly's in the can for 2 bucks.

but on the serious side, if there be drinking going on with new comers to seattle, let me in on it! id love to help welcome any new polycounters to the area!
  • Loren Broach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loren Broach polycounter lvl 10
    I've been here for a few weeks now, I'm definitely up for a meet up. How bout this weekend eh?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I'm too busy this weekend unfortunately. Still unpacking and getting the lay of the land. Very excited and intimidated to start work on Tuesday. Haven't worked for a studio who's really got their shit together. Always small tossed-together developers. Should be fun :)
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    I'm busy through monday, but stoofoo and I will probably be meeting up on capitol hill some evening after work next week. Anyone who wants to join us shoot me a pm and I'll keep you updated. Or just post here. Or not. Whatever. I'm easy.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Count me in and tell me when!