Home Technical Talk

Max 9 HotKeys Issue

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
diminished_Self polycounter lvl 12
Hey All, I recently upgraded to max 9 from max 8. I saved out all my hotkeys/UI elements/etc, and loaded them into max 9 when i started. felt so nice, i was so comfy cozy with all my sweet sweet time saving hot keys, it was awesome.

then i installed the two service packs for max 9, and suddenly none of my hotkeys work. they are still listed correctly in the customize user interface, they just dont work. as you can imagine, my work flow has slowed to a crawl as i now had to use standard max hotkeys and quad boxes.

no problem, i figured i would just uninstall, reinstall, and be good to go. no go. hot keys still broken. i uninstall again, go into the registry delete all references to max 9, reinstall. still no go. hot keys still broken. i did notice that when i unistall and reinstalled it kept all my recently opened files and paths, which leads me to believe that there is something that im missing somewhere that is saving this information.

any ideas? i hate using standard max hotkeys/quads.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Check the Keyboard Shortcut Override Toggle. There's a bug where it is active but the button doesn't actually show as depressed. If you click it and it doesn't depress, then you're good to go.
  • diminished_Self
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diminished_Self polycounter lvl 12
    keyboard shortcut override toggle is not depressed. also, this seems to effect mainly my UVW window. i guess i should have mentioned that before. for instance: i have "c" set as copy and "v" set as paste, and neither of them do anything as of now in my UVW window. very sad.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you click it, or just look at it?

Click it 3x. First will probably do nothing (the bug), 2nd will depress it, 3rd will turn it off.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, in the CUI dialog, Keybaord tab, change Group to Unwrap UVW, and make sure Active is checked.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    If that doesn't work you can always try restoring everything to the defaults, but before doing that try deleting all the hot keys that have the hot keys for your unwrap window. spend a while looking to what you have set and see if anything is set to those because I have had that happen before. There is a key bind to the hot key I used in the unwrap window and it made the things in the unwrap window not work.