polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Delaney King polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, forgot to mention I am once again available for remove freelance work.
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    awesome work,- something to look up to
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Man, those animated navigation bar buttons are REALLY off-putting. Also, if you change page while one of them is in the 'fizzy' mode, it can stick until you reset it with a rollover.
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, the sticking depends on the browser it seems. I dont see it, but several people have. Go figure.
    Its funny when you post a folio here lately everyone criticizes the web design - what about the work?
  • jpgourley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Dave I like your site a lot. You have some really great work up. My wife looked over my shoulder as I was perusing through it and absolutely loves "Widdle Gwirl." It caught her eye immediately. There is a lot of really strong 3d and 2d work, I especially like the Horror/Make-up designs and your Fury model. The only piece that sort of caught me as being slightly out of place is the final personal work you have up, "A woman shape changing into a Chuthuluesque nightmare. She doesn't seem to have the fine detail that the other pieces do, if you had a final textured version that would probably help a great deal. I know the orc piece isn't textured as well, but it has a bit more detail and character to carry it. That being said everything else is awesome.

I did have the same button issue, which isn't exactly the biggest deal. I use Firefox for my browser, I didn't check any others to see if it is a Firefox issue. Which it sounds like it may very well be.
  • qubism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    king.JPG

yea well its been a while since i saw your last site.
    to me this feels like a downgrade.
    i know u mentioned that everyone is givin crits on webdesign.
    well ofcourse thats part of teh pimp too eh? and i feel
    that presentation is what the sites is about ...

the flash thing on the left...
    why do u blend to black?!?!
    there is a big pause between each
    picture. dont see why u want that...
    ever tried having them scroll a few
    pixel or zoom slightly while being displayed?!?

the thumbnails are very small. tho u kind of made the site so huge
    and non fluid. the text lines have a big width... not so nice not so readable.
    dont know if u need a headline sayin that the user is in 2d gallery if navigation
    is highlighted on 2d gallery. illogic. the layout there looks rushed together

u might aswell make 2d and 3d one gallerie and devide it in itself...
    since the thumbs are soo small. it all needs some rythm...
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, the sticking depends on the browser it seems. I dont see it, but several people have. Go figure.
    Its funny when you post a folio here lately everyone criticizes the web design - what about the work?

It's cos we know your work is good Dave :)
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Dave, yeah I really don't think you need crits on the work as that is the strong portion to your portfolio. It's getting to see the work is your main problem, alot of the time I was waiting for the window to resize and load before the image came in, and in my opinion I think your previous website was better. As from what I remember it was simple to get around and easy to see your work instantly. I have to agree with alot that has been said so far, only crit I can give on your work is that I want to see more of it:)

Spark
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    my only complaint is that it is super wide, feels a too wide for what it needs to be. Not being able to shorten the text area a bit was driving me a little batty :) I do run at 2560x1600, so i could see it all, however it feels like the buttons @ the top could have a smaller fixed width and scale out when the screen is made larger. A bit more flexibility would be nice.
  • qubism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    just what i said moose
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10

I don't know if people can really criticize your work... So the web design will have to do :P