Home General Discussion

BOOM Blox

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
[MILES] polycounter lvl 17
BOOM Blox:

It's been getting some great approval in the reviews. Just curious if anyone here has played or purchased it yet. Looks like a real hoot.

Replies

• Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    We just had a play during lunch. If you like the Wii and the games on the Wii, then you'll probably love this. If you're anything like me and think the Wii is a gimmick piece of crap, then you'll get bored within minutes.

Could be fun with a group of people, don't see it being as fun solo.
    I personally think it has been overhyped with Steven Spielberg's name attached to it.

-caseyjones
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Er, you get bored because you think its a gimmick? What?
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I'm going to de-rail the thread, as its about Boom Blox and not why I don't find the Wii appealing. But for the hour we played it at work, I honestly didn't find the game to be all that amazing. A few others here agreed with me, yet a few really enjoyed it (most of the ones that enjoyed it are Nintendo fanboys - not all).
    But we'll see what other people think of it, but I personally don't think it was worth all the hype.

-caseyjones
  • [MILES]
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    I like what I've seen so far. The style is very cute and it looks like loads of fun. But I'm not falling head over heels for the $50 price tag. If it is as you say, I'll be getting this title when it falls to $29.99. I'd expect to pay full price for a solid RPG, shooter, or adventure game. I'm not sure I could do that for a simple puzzler or party game.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 19
    Played a bit and I had a good time, replace all the animals with nintendo characters and I wouldn't have guessed it was a third party game.
  • rooster
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    got it yesterday, pretty good fun so far.. its cute, nice art direction, and smashing stuff is fun. nuff said