Home Technical Talk

CGFX for Maya?

yeluis
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
yeluis polycounter lvl 17
I'm looking for a shader that I can use in Maya so it will display multiple Maps assign them to different UV sets in the view port. any idea where i can find this or how to recreate it within Maya?

Replies

• Brice Vandemoortele
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brice Vandemoortele polycounter lvl 19
    what do you mean?
    Do you want to have some sort of detail map or lightmap with its own uvs that adds on top of a regular shading? Or do you want maybe having a regular shading with regular uvs; and having some sort of mask that will display another shading -like a pattern maybe - that has its own uvs?
    Or maybe you simply want to have different uvs for your difuse, normal and specular map?
  • ivars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivars polycounter lvl 15
    Check out the layered texture node, maybe you don't even need a cgFX shader, depends on how you want to blend things?
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    Window > Relationship Editors > UV Linking , then just pick either texture centric or UV centric. So, for instance if you have a blinn with a diffuse, and transparency texture, you can link the diffuse to one UV set, and the transparency to another.
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
    I dunno if this is helpfull. I know you want this in Maya, but, SoftImage XSI can do this VERY easy with the explorer managment window through clusters.
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeluis polycounter lvl 17
    yes the UV linking and layered nodes work for what i want to do except for one problem. the way the 2 maps and 2 uv sets interact only show on the render, i want to just see it in Mayas view port. not sure if im explaining it right . i want to see it work like unreal 3 where i tell it to use image 2 on Uv set 2 and have it display its interaction with map 1 in the view port .