Home General Discussion

which is the Demanded software in 3D??????

:poly107:hi friends,

I am kranthi from india and i am new to this website presently working in E-learning company as a production Executive But i am not satisfied with my job so i decided to learn some 3d skills to change my environment of carrier.So now what i am trying to tell here is can anyone tell me which is the best software i can learn in 3d.

Any comments accepted.........So valuable for me....:poly106:

Waiting for your comments........:poly115:

Thanks,
Best Regards,

kranthi54321@gmail.com

Replies

• Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Short: Learning? Get Silo or Blender or Wings.

Longer: http://www.rsart.co.uk/2008/01/22/what-software-do-i-need/
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    Well, it really depends on which you like best, I'd say, since they've all got the capabilities to do (roughly) the same thing.

Blender is free but much more powerful than the Maya Personal Learning Edition or Gmax (which you might find lying around somewhere on the Internet) and as far as I've noticed, as powerful as the actual versions of Max and Maya, though admittedly, I haven't done much complicated stuff yet. A lot of people will express their dislike for the program and its user interface in particular, but it's very hotkey oriented and you can have your UI hidden for 90% of the time because its rarely necessary. Max and Maya's menus are easier, but they're slower in the long run.

Anyway, without trying to convince you of using Blender, don't dissmiss is because of what people here say - it IS junk if you're looking to use the UI for everything, but if you learn the hotkeys, the UI will spring up only every once in a while.

So it's mostly down to preference if you're looking to pick software.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, which of you retards actually chose blender?
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    For learning I think Max and Maya would be the best softwares to begin with.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Are you asking which is the best, or which is the demanded (whatever that means). I'm guessing by demanded you mean experience in which package would be most in demand by employers.

3ds max would be the most useful to learn considering its used in a lot of places in the games industry. Though, I don't really like it. Softimage is better from what I've head (haven't used it, too expensive). Modo is great for a modeler. Silo is great apparently, haven't bothered with it. Some places are cool with you using your own software, and you can use whatever if you work freelance.

This thread for the fail, but I'll try to refrain from being an asshole considering your both a newb and foreign.
  • Slingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slingshot polycounter lvl 17
    3ds max is a good starter program mostly because you can usually find a ton of tutorials on it. I prefer Maya tho.
  • RustyFranks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RustyFranks polycounter lvl 17
    Asmuel wrote: »
    This thread for the fail, but I'll try to refrain from being an asshole considering your both a newb and foreign.

that's a little harsh, the guy has a legitimate question. As EQ pointed out, what if someone spends the majority of their time learning blender only to realize it's not used. sure they are going to know theory and be able to easily pick up another program, but why not try and start off with the one that gives you the best advantage?
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    that's a little harsh, the guy has a legitimate question. As EQ pointed out, what if someone spends the majority of their time learning blender only to realize it's not used. sure they are going to know theory and be able to easily pick up another program, but why not try and start off with the one that gives you the best advantage?

I said I would TRY to refrain from being an asshole ;)

If your asking what is the best package in the poll, and then asking which you should learn, the answer from many may not be the same.

To summarize what i said earlier, Max would be the most useful to learn IMO. Though I don't think its the best. Good Luck.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    ive heard going max to maya is easier than maya to max
  • RustyFranks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RustyFranks polycounter lvl 17
    Asmuel wrote: »
    I said I would TRY to refrain from being an asshole ;)

If your asking what is the best package in the poll, and then asking which you should learn, the answer from many may not be the same.

To summarize what i said earlier, Max would be the most useful to learn IMO. Though I don't think its the best. Good Luck.

hehe tis all good. i've just been awake for too many hours and get a little sensitive lol:poly115::poly105::poly125:
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
    max to maya is easy
    maya to max is hard becuase of the quickkey difference. Max can be a horrid pain unless you use switcher.
    Max or maya to XSI, EASY!

Out of max and maya , Max is the most orginized. But, I know all 3 and Softimage XSI whips em all as having the fastest modeling tools and user interface. XSI lets you do a great deal with very little.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    The best software (for games), and the most demanded software (for games), are not the same. And they're dumb, vague questions from inexperienced users. One is a preference, the other is a standard due to the potential cost of switching tools in a set pipeline. The sooner we realize this, the sooner we can move on to better things.

No surprise I voted XSI. I swear, I'll cry tears of joy if you noobs ever get the name right. Are you good at Adobes too? The next one of you to mention Gmax, but not Mod Tool, deserve to be kicked back into the coma you've been in since 1999. While I use XSI, I'm currently attempting to relearn Max again after so many years. I realize now why I switched. Max is poorly organized with so many useful tools hidden...still hidden. Probably the closest to Blender of all. But Max gives you the jobs. And while that's the case, it doesn't really matter how easy it is to learn.

And I second, who are the (so far) 8 morons who voted Blender?
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    My Maya to Max transition maybe took 2 days with the 3dbuzz tutorials, I did that for an art test. Skill is software independant, modeling is the same in all apps they just have extra things that make it easier.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    For getting a job, Max then Maya.