Home General Discussion

COD4 Map Pack

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
Any one here picking this bad boy up. It launches today I guess. Looking forward to getting back into this game and seeing how these new maps play out.

Replies

• TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah im picking it up but for PC, anyone got any info on how they are distributing for the pc community? Whatever choice they make in how they get it out for pc its going to start a what do you call it... rukkus?

Im looking forward for the new maps :P
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Last I heard PC users aren't getting it right away... if at all? :shifty:

...some bs about not being able to charge us for basic game content... an issue that never existed before DLC console content... :poly116:
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    It's not basic game content though, is it? The basic game content came on the disc when you bought the game.

It's extra content.

Why shouldn't people pay for extra content? Whilst not being a developer on CoD4, I'm pretty sure that they don't have a "Make Multiplayer Map" button.

And didn't PC users already get a free map or two a few months ago?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    We got "Winter Crash" which is just a nighttime version of Crash with snow, some lights, and a "ho ho ho" sound during airstrikes.

Rick.. I can understand charging for an actual expansion to SP content, like more missions or something like that which is actually worth charging for the developer's time, but when John Q. Public can also make maps for your game, charging for them is a bit BS.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Well, just download the free ones then. The fact is, it does take up the developers time, so if they choose to charge for them or not, that's up to them.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    flaagan wrote: »
    Last I heard PC users aren't getting it right away... if at all? :shifty:

...some bs about not being able to charge us for basic game content... an issue that never existed before DLC console content... :poly116:

Sure it did, except they were called "expansion packs".
    flaagan wrote: »
    but when John Q. Public can also make maps for your game, charging for them is a bit BS.

Have you seen the "John Q. Public" maps? 99% of them are absolute crap. I see no problem with developers charging a small fee for quality developed and professionally QA tested maps.